Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
spark

Wine, Beer, Rum, Bourbon... the booze scents

Okay:

I just tried Wanda and I am LOVING the red wine... on my clothes. On my skin it's pure leather. :P

So what's the best purest red wine in the catalog?

This is complicated by the fact that I've tried most of the oils with wine...

Blood Kiss: evil vetiver.

Blood Rose: too fruity.

Bordello: too fruity.

Centzon Totochtin: gross.

Kali: I love it but it's not winey.

Lilith: yuck.

Madrid: meh.

Wanda: leather.

So pretty much my remaining choices are Lady Mac, Nosferatu, and Tintagel. Unless I am missing something...?

Nosferatu is my favorite for wine, but there's a strong earthy element as well so if you're not into that then it might not work. Lady Macbeth was like a light berry wine for me. Tintagel was almost all cinnamon to me.

I love wine as a scent component though I don't drink -- Nosferatu is definitely winey but a lot of people have problems with the mossy/earthy layer.

Perhaps the new scents 21 and The Hamptons would work?

Actually I have tried Athens and it was all honey sweet. :P

I have Nosferatu around here somewhere. I think I tried it once but I'll dig it out. I'm not into earth but I don't notice it in Zombi and love Queen of Clubs, so it's worth a shot.

I have tried Lady Mac and Tintagel, too, to tell you the truth, but I don't have any notes about them. I don't think it "registered" that I like wine until I smelled Wanda on my collar.

Most of the wine scents go waaaaay too fruity on me, but I absolutely love Hunter Moon. I would consider doing all kinds of inappropriate things if Beth would make a catalog scent with a similar smokey wineyness.

I may have strange chemistry, but Lady Mac didn't get winey on me at all - fruity, yes, but a strong red wine note, no. Which for me, was good, since I cannot wear most a lot of the red wine notes.

Again, I may be incredibly unusual, but Tarot:Judgement was almost pure red wine on me. Not sure whether that's a real aspect there or just me, though.

Id you can get a whold of some Baccanalia, then you just may be golden, though.

The winiest one on me is Nosferatu - as long as earth notes don't put you off, I think you'll really enjoy that.

I also get a rich wine note from Samhain (I just have an imp, I presume it's the 2004 edition), although it doesn't seem to officially be in the description.

General Catalogue:

Twenty-one: martini scent

Swank: pomegranate martini

The Hamptons: Cosmopolitans

Grog: pirate rum

Bon Vivant: strawberries & champagne

Grand Guignol: apricot brandy

Juke Joint: mint juleps

Jazz Funeral: rum & bourbon notes

Bordello: amaretto note

Perversion: rum & chardonnay notes

Wanda: merlot notes

Lady Macbeth: wine notes

Athens: wine notes

Delphi: honey wine notes

Madrid: more wine notes

Port-au-Prince: rum notes

Tintagel: mulled wine notes

Elegba: rum notes

Ogun: gin notes

Thalia: white champagne

Limited Edition:

Egg Nog: rum notes

Spooky: rum notes

Sugar Skull 05: smelled like whiskey to me!

Devil's Night: boozy notes

Stardust: champagne notes

Miskatonic University: irish coffee

Fortunato: sherry notes

Montresor: wine notes

Imp of the Perverse: Cognac notes

Formula 54: cognac notes

I might have missed something, but that's a pretty thorough list! :P

My favorite boozy scent are:

Port-au-Prince: rum

Grog: spicey rum

Wanda: red wine and violets

Bon Vivant: strawberry champaign

Juke Joint: whiskey

Perversion: champaign and white wine

Hi, I'm new here. So excited to find so many like-minded unsual scent lovers! You don't find many sites likes this in the UK!

Well, I LOVE Plum-wine and I like Keiko Mecheri's Ume which is a plum and plum blossom scent, but find it just a little bit too heavy, maybe just a little too sweet? I'm looking for something that smells of really tangy Plum wine. Do you have any suggestions?

I can't think of anything that is specifically plum wine, but the closest I can think of is bordello: Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant. Its one i've been wanting to try myself!

I can't think of anything that is specifically plum wine, but the closest I can think of is bordello: Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant. Its one i've been wanting to try myself!

Yes, that had piqued my interest too..sounds like I'll have to give it a go. I read somewhere that Bordello is similar to another one called Persephone? Perhaps I should try that too!

Yes, that had piqued my interest too..sounds like I'll have to give it a go. I read somewhere that Bordello is similar to another one called Persephone? Perhaps I should try that too!

Oh, I mean hymn to Proserpine - I need to brush up on my classics!

Edited by Celinelj

I'm not sure what plum wine smells like exactly, but the best plum scents that I've found are Oya and Hymn to Proserpine. Hymn to Proserpine was sweeter than Oya on me, but they are both gorgeous :P

I wouldn't say that Bordello and Persephone are similar, no. Bordello, to me, was very sweet and heady, almost like a syrup. IMO, Persephone is only similar in the way that it's sweet and girly too. You may like it though! :D

ETA: Oh wait, so you meant Hymn to Proserpine, and not Persephone? Okay then. :P

There aren't too many plum scents I can do because usually they are too sweet and fruity for me but Oya, a GC scent, is perfect, a little tart and a tiny bit spicy. I wouldn't exactly call it a "wine" scent but is sure is a nice plum. Other plum scents that I love are LEs, Lenore and Snake Charmer, so are harder to come by.

What is the Elizabeth Bathory scent?....Blood Countess? Plumy and boozy (and a little scary, at least on me). Worth a look.

wow, thanks to everyone for such a speedy response.

I'm going to order this evening!

I just read the Reviews of Blood Countess and I'm sold!

Blood Countess and Bordello get my vote for their pretty plum as well.

I find Countess alot more stronger on the plum note specifically, and Bordello is a more ripe boozy version. I love both!

Jenn

Blood Countess and Bordello get my vote for their pretty plum as well.

I find Countess alot more stronger on the plum note specifically, and Bordello is a more ripe boozy version. I love both!

Jenn

In that case I'll have to give them both a try...;-)