Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

I've never smelled Forest Moss, either, but I love mossy scents, and my favorite is Cathode. It is minty at first, but the mint fades quickly and I'm left with moss and ambregris. It's lovely.

For other light, woodsy, manly scents, I'd agree with Yggdrasil (leafy and woodsy).

Another vote for Yggdrasil, as Dublin was green-floral and very feminine on me.

And maybe Coyote? There's a bit of a leathery note from the doeskin, but it's not a "rawr, leather" scent at all - light and grassy. My dad's not a cologne type of guy, but he liked Coyote.

I can't seem to nail down which one it was, but Wilde always seems to remind me of one of the B&BW men's scents. You might give it a whirl...

~C

I'm going to attempt to enable my mom, but there's a slight difficulty. Due to allergies, pickiness, and sheer stubborness, the only scent she wants to wear is BBW's Sparkling Mountain Springs. Problem is that it was discontinued several years ago - and her massive stockpile isn't so massive anymore. I'm rather new to BPAL, and I'm just baffled - is there anything similar from BPAL? The only scent she'd wear before the BBW was White Linen. Help, please?!?

All I could find for the notes that might be in Sparkling Mountain Springs is "a green scent w/citrus and jasmine bouquet," so maybe try Phantasm? It's lemon verbena, green tea, jasmine and I think sandalwood. I found a better resource for White Linen at basenote.com here , so you can maybe try and use the search engine with those. Good luck!

I smelled my aunt wearing this scent today when I visited her, and she is being very kind to me like always during a tough time in my life. Since I know she likes this amber stuff (which I've smelled in the store before, and it didn't really smell like regular amber to me...it's muskier, a hint of patchouli in it) I wanted to try and get her a bpal scent, maybe make her some lotion or something or just give her an imp or two.

Now, the scent that first comes to mind is of course, The Lion. A favorite of mine, and my staple amber scent.

Others I am considering, since I have them:

* Baghdad (in the lead so far)

* Black Lotus

* Black Rose

* Machu Picchu (for a sweeter, more airy fragrance)

Any insight on some others (especially Imp, Bastet, Iambe)? Here are the notes listed on the website.

* Sophisticated fine fragrance inspired by your favorite Bath & Body Works scent

* Fragrance Top Notes: Bergamot, Wild Berries, Succulent Plum

* Fragrance Mid Notes: White Rose NP, Orange Flower NP, Lotus Petals, Iris NP

* Fragrance Base Notes: Amber, Creamy Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, Praline, Musk Captive

Edited by klavierbarrette

just an idea, (since I'm not as familiar with those scents mentioned) you could try doing a search on the BPAL site (use advanced search) with some of the notes listed...maybe one each from the bottom, middle and top lists...and see what comes up...trying different combinations

for example if I put in Bergamont, (White) Rose, Amber, Sandalwood and Vanilla (ok I cheated with the last three, but they seem paramount to the scent) I don't get anything... but searching for amber sandalwood and vanilla (in the format: +amber +sandalwood +vanilla) yields two results: Tamora and Khajuraho .

So play with the search function and see what you get.

Good luck!

^ i did, and i have tamora, and it's WAY too fruity. i smell no fruit in the perfume.

i really want more insight on like how some perfumes i don't have smell, that are amber based.

eta: i saw sin has three notes i'm wanting, amber, sandalwood, and patchouli. but after my friend said it smells like SEX, ROUGH SEX, i think i'll have to hit up the reviews LOL

Edited by klavierbarrette

I wear B&BW Sensual Amber layered under O and that really works well. The honey chills out quite a bit and the Amber gets amped.

I was considering O, but then I'd have to tell her why it's called O.....

Hahaha...O is a lovely scent though, I might just give it to her and be like 'I don't know.'

for example if I put in Bergamont, (White) Rose, Amber, Sandalwood and Vanilla (ok I cheated with the last three, but they seem paramount to the scent) I don't get anything... but searching for amber sandalwood and vanilla (in the format: +amber +sandalwood +vanilla) yields two results: Tamora and Khajuraho .

I'm crazy about Khajuraho, and I like the Sensual Amber lotion too. (Incidentally, Tamora was a disappointment for me.) I can definitely see how Khajuraho and Sensual Amber might layer in a complimentary way . . .

Now I have to try this! :P

I'd recommend Jacob's Ladder.

I second this. Jacob's Ladder is sweet and ambery and very, very similar to the BBW scent.

What I really like to do, when I want to give off a sweet, ambery vibe, is shower with the BBW shower gel, apply the BBW lotion, apply Jacob's Ladder and then spray myself with Chantilly EDT (you know, the drugstore scent -- it's really quite lovely and similar to Jacob's Ladder). The end result is pure, ambery bliss that lasts and lasts.

Another Jacob's Ladder recommendation. To me, everything in the blend supports the amber, makes it somehow more amber-y.

Bastet is so worth picking up to gift. It's one of the BPAL scents I consider almost universal, everyone who has ever smelled it on me thought it was lovely.

What about Sin or Mantis?

I was gifted the B&BW Sensual Amber body butter a few weeks ago and have discovered that it is a perfect layering companion with Bastet. Although I'll just say for the record that my bottle of Bastet had to age for a few months before I could stand to wear it...but now that the scent has started to settle into itself more I want to wear it all the time! Seriously, I need to go revise my top ten because it's moved up the rungs by leaps and bounds.

I'm pretty much an amber-ho...I went to the lab site and searched 'amber' for both current and discontinued and it listed 59 - of which I have or have tried 38, and scanning those I'd suggest:

1. Bastet

2. Haunted Palace

3. Moscow

4. Baghdad

5. Haunted

the last two are more dry and spicy (and Haunted is a darker scent) than the Bath & Body Works scent and I've not actually tried layering them yet, however I think that they'd be good ones to try - but the first three I can tell you work great on me.

On me, Sensual Amber is all about lotus. It's a *very* prominent note in the scent. Wearing it reminded me of just how much I like lotus, so I was happy. The amber is very subtle, and the other notes are nearly imperceptible.

So if you've smelled Sensual Amber on your aunt, was it a snuggly vaguely vanilla sort of scent, or was it an almost fruity kind of scent? If it's vaguely vanilla, then the amber is prominent on her. If it's almost fruity, the lotus is prominent.

I do know for me both The Lion and Haunted are not at all right to go with Sensual Amber. They're too ambery. Black Rose on me is a sharp and musky rose with no detectable amber. I don't have Black Lotus, but it and Bastet look like they might be the closest.

If you're looking for Bastet-worshippers, here's another one. I can wear it to make boys horny, or I can put it on to soothe me to sleep. It's complex all in good ways.

I found The Lion to be kind of bland...it's warm but, that's about it.

I really like Jacob's Ladder, and also Sol Invictus, which I find very unique..it's not sweetened, it's more...powerful, I guess.

Here's the notes in Sol Invictus: A radiant blend of solar oils: golden amber, saffron, heliotrope, hibiscus, citron, frangipani, frankincense, tangerine, mock orange, and orange blossom.

It sounds like it'd be fruity, but it's really not. It's glowing.

I might have to layer Sol with Bastet just to see...

What is fruity-sweet but also great is Khajuraho.

Is there a BPAL similar to the new scent, Irresistable Apple? Site says-

* Fragrance Mid Notes: White Rose, Orange Flower, Lotus Petals, Iris

* Fragrance Base Notes: Amber, Creamy Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, Praline, Musk

oooh...A friend of mine has their guest bathroom decked out with BBW soaps and lotions in a scent called "Country Apple". I'm not usually a big fan of BBW scents, but this was really nice. Just like a fresh-cut fuji apple. It was really close to BPAL's Poisoned Apple, and almost aquatic.

"Irresistable Apple" sounds a bit like a caramel apple scent.

I'd love to see more BPAL apple options

Is there a BPAL similar to the new scent, Irresistable Apple? Site says-

* Fragrance Mid Notes: White Rose, Orange Flower, Lotus Petals, Iris

* Fragrance Base Notes: Amber, Creamy Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, Praline, Musk

I'm deeply amused that there is no actual "apple" in that description. :P

Desire might be one to try, though (bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla).

Just looking purely at the notes, if I didn't know that the name of the blend was "Irresistable Apple", they make me think a little bit of Dark Delicacies (devil’s trumpet accord, black orchid, tonka, coconut meat, fruit gums, osmanthus, smoky resin, myrtle, and Indonesian patchouli), Nemesis (Cypress, ginger, fig, dried rose, red patchouli, tonka bean and cyclamen), Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil (Bourbon vanilla, benzoin, caramel, Mysore sandalwood, aged black patchouli, carnation, and iris florentina).