Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Mayfair

Raspberry

Bright and juicy fruits, like squashed ripe raspberries where the juice is seeping out. There is initially a sharp edge to this, which reminds me of Pomegranate, but it's still very true to the actual fruit. After a while it softens up a lot and the sharp note disappears. It becomes sweet and almost creamy, a truly gorgeous scent!!! :P

In bottle: Very light, it smells rather like fresh raspberries that haven't yet been picked.

On me: Next to invisible. It doesn't smell artificially like raspberries (I am thinking of Bath & Body Work's Sun Ripened Raspberries) but it is a gentle note of raspberries sitting atop a bowl of fresh cream.

This smells surprisingly of lovely juicy ripe raspberries.

It manages to smell the same on my body as it does in the bottle, a first for me.

I love this and mourn it's passing!

Bottle (Imp): Raspberries. It's like I took raspberries and squished them, and am smelling the juices.

Just On: Oooh, I smell like I have just smeared raspberries on my skin, without the inevitable staining. This is a very true scent, and very lovely.

An hour or two later: Oh I am in love with this. I adore raspberries, so I'm totally loving things scent. I'm so glad this didn't do what Honey did to me.

Around 6 hours: I can still smell raspberries, and I still love it.

12 hours: Still sweet, and still calling my name as one of my very favorites.

Overall: This has moved right up into my top five, let alone my top ten. I love, love, LOVE this. I couldn't smell more like raspberries if I had smashed severeal dozen into my bath. I so so wish this was available now.

After reading other reviews: I mourn this one's passing as well.

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Raspberry powder.

In the imp/bottle: Fresh, juicy, crushed raspberries. As OriginalWacky said, it's like I crushed fresh raspberries, and am sniffing the resulting juice. Lovely!

On skin, wet: Ripe, beautiful raspberries! I also smell something vaguely green, as if Beth jammed raspberries and rasberry leaves in the bottle! Absolutely beautiful.

On skin, dry: Raspberry powder! I'm so disappointed with how my skin treats this absolutely lovely scent. It turns it into stale powder.

Conclusion: I love this in the bottle, and wet. It's a perfect raspberry, with just the faintest tinge of green leaf! But my skin turns it into powder.

Edited by Aredhel

I’m not sure why, but the Raspberry single note makes me very ill. It smells like a cross between raspberry jelly (super sweet) and the smoky way that jasmine turns on my skin. I would almost swear that this does have jasmine in it. It gives me a vicious migraine. :P

This isn’t fresh berries on me at all. Smoky, headache inducing raspberry jam. And it’s SO strong on me. This is probably the worst of the singlenotes that I've tried so far. My skin chemistry kills it.

Very high, candylike raspberry. When it dries, it settles into a more "true" interpretation. Not the whole fruit, but more the juice inside. If you could smell them the moment you crush them with your tongue, before you hit the somewhat bitter little seeds. Wonderful and soft. Not much throw on me, and I'll bet it'll fade fast. But it's beautiful while it lasts.

Very fruity, and definitely raspberry. Almost more of an artificial raspberry rather than a pure fruit one, but that doesn't detract from it. There's a bit of a plastic-y tone underneath as well. I'm not sure about this one.

Raspberry - This opens up as a really bright, über-sweet, candy-like raspberry on me. It reminds me of the old "Sun-Ripened Raspberry" scent that B&BW used to make. I eat raspberries quite often in the mornings, and this reminds me nothing of a real raspberry. It's more like the artifical, sugar-sweetened raspberry you'll find in things like blue raspberry Icees, raspberry-flavored chewing gum, or raspberry car freshener. It's just not real. That's not to say it's not nice or pretty. I kind of like this artifical raspberry scent. I was just hoping for something a bit more authentic. It fades on me rather quickly, but that's typical of fruit notes without a base to hold them to my skin.

i'm agreeing with sam on this one--artificial raspberry, definitely. it fades quickly too, definitely my least favourite of the single notes i've tried so far.

Like others have said, this starts out as a super-sweet sugared/candied raspberry flavoring on me. I don't mind this, because I like artificial raspberry flavor (as opposed to artificial strawberry, eww!) but this definitely reminds me more of candy than fruit. I must say that it smells more true to fruit in the vial. However, the oil behaves on my skin much like it behaved on quikslvr's--once it dried down, it started to become more complex and smell more fruity than candied. It never approximated the tartness of raspberries however. Still, it's an absolutely joyous scent, and those who are fans of Jailbait, Faith and similar oils should really love this SN.

On me, this smells like 'raspberries' the same way that 'grape candy' tastes like grape. It's artificial, dries to a bit of a plastic edge. It's sweet, and candy like and again, makes me think of plastic dolls.

Epic. Fail.