Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

Hee - you ought to mention to him that knowing what he likes to smell on you definitely doesn't make him gay! My fiance is a geeky guy's guy, and he's finally come to terms with the fact that I'm always going to ask him what he likes on me, and that if he can put up with wearing something for me, it makes me want to pounce on him! :P It's a good incentive!

It looks like the reviews for Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree mention B&BW's Japanese Cherry Blossom. You might want to try that!

Thanks! I have to wait until my order comes in. I just wonder if he will really act like the responses say, because he's only done stuff like that maybe a couple times. But that's probably cuz i haven't worn Bpal yet ^^.

Hey... any suggestions on what to wear on a blind dinner date? I don't want to be too sexlicious, just you know, flirty and friendly. I'm a big nerd girl and can't wear anything too femmey; Hanging Gardens is about as floral as I get. The scents I wear the most are Snow White, Cockaigne and Poisoned Apple. My skin does weird stuff with spicy scents, patchouli, red musk and incense so those are out (which is sad because I love them!); I was thinking maybe Midwinter's Eve or Bewitched...? Bordello and Perversion might be a tad too heavy.

Thanks. :P

Hey... any suggestions on what to wear on a blind dinner date? I don't want to be too sexlicious, just you know, flirty and friendly. I'm a big nerd girl and can't wear anything too femmey; Hanging Gardens is about as floral as I get. The scents I wear the most are Snow White, Cockaigne and Poisoned Apple. My skin does weird stuff with spicy scents, patchouli, red musk and incense so those are out (which is sad because I love them!); I was thinking maybe Midwinter's Eve or Bewitched...? Bordello and Perversion might be a tad too heavy.Thanks. :P
I think Jester would be flirty and friendly without being, well, too sexy. On the other hand, what about Whip? First innocent and rosey--thenn all perverted and leathery? Bewitched sounds like a good idea though, if you are drawn to it. I love that one and I find it is sweet and alluring without being too sexy. I guess by this time your blind date is over...okay, I hope this is an acceptable thread to put this little conversation starter in..I heard somewhere, from someone that "they", you know those scientific people did a study of some sort with scents and found that men are most arroused by the scent of cinnamon. So, anyone else heard that? and if so, does anyone get big "hits" with Chimera since its my favorite cinnamon scent???

Hey... any suggestions on what to wear on a blind dinner date? I don't want to be too sexlicious, just you know, flirty and friendly. I'm a big nerd girl and can't wear anything too femmey; Hanging Gardens is about as floral as I get. The scents I wear the most are Snow White, Cockaigne and Poisoned Apple. My skin does weird stuff with spicy scents, patchouli, red musk and incense so those are out (which is sad because I love them!); I was thinking maybe Midwinter's Eve or Bewitched...? Bordello and Perversion might be a tad too heavy.Thanks. :D
I think Jester would be flirty and friendly without being, well, too sexy. On the other hand, what about Whip? First innocent and rosey--thenn all perverted and leathery? Bewitched sounds like a good idea though, if you are drawn to it. I love that one and I find it is sweet and alluring without being too sexy. I guess by this time your blind date is over...okay, I hope this is an acceptable thread to put this little conversation starter in..I heard somewhere, from someone that "they", you know those scientific people did a study of some sort with scents and found that men are most arroused by the scent of cinnamon. So, anyone else heard that? and if so, does anyone get big "hits" with Chimera since its my favorite cinnamon scent???

Thanks for the response! I've never tried Jester and am completely intrigued now; I'll test-drive it at Will-Call this Friday. *glee!*

I did actually wear Bewitched on my date, by the way -- it went over very, very well. :P

I've also heard that the menfolk respond to cinnamon, but none have whenever I've worn Chimera. (My cat, on the other hand, looooves it.) I've also read that men are aroused by the smell of vanilla and of lavender; I've found that to be true with the vanilla (or pretty much any yummy foody scent -- Cockaigne was fun to wear to holiday parties) but not so much with the lavender. But then, I'm not a huge fan of the lavender.

My favorite sexy scent is definitely Red Lantern. I also love Mme. Moriarty, Snake Oil, and Scheherazade.

Bengal went to playdoh on me.

O smells... weird on me. Semen-ish.

I think I'd like a recommendation for something that maintains a bit of lightness and girliness while remaining rather sexy, as I generally don't go in for very heavy incensy or dark musky scents.

I'm still looking for things for my first imp order, so I don't have BPAL experience, but the things my boyfriend has liked on me in the past were honeysuckle-based, or a combination of white tea and ginger. (Those don't seem very sexy though...)

the things my boyfriend has liked on me in the past were honeysuckle-based, or a combination of white tea and ginger. (Those don't seem very sexy though...)

Hey, sexy is in the eye (nose?) of the beholder! That being said, it's not surprising, sweet/spicy notes are things a lot of people feel sexy wearing/find sexy on other people. Eos in Excolo, with its honeysuckle and skin musk (skin musk seems to be similar to white musk, a light and "skin but better" kind of scent on most people, although skin chemistry can be a very variable thing), and Hermia in Illyria, which is honeysuckle and pink pepper, are light and feminine but with a little extra punch that might be what you're looking for.

the things my boyfriend has liked on me in the past were honeysuckle-based, or a combination of white tea and ginger. (Those don't seem very sexy though...)

Hey, sexy is in the eye (nose?) of the beholder! That being said, it's not surprising, sweet/spicy notes are things a lot of people feel sexy wearing/find sexy on other people. Eos in Excolo, with its honeysuckle and skin musk (skin musk seems to be similar to white musk, a light and "skin but better" kind of scent on most people, although skin chemistry can be a very variable thing), and Hermia in Illyria, which is honeysuckle and pink pepper, are light and feminine but with a little extra punch that might be what you're looking for.

Thank you very much! I thought Hermia especially sounded yummy in its shop description, and it seems to have gotten really good reviews-- it seems like a good idea to give a whirl!

Hi,

Which Imps would you recommend I try?

I am fixing my gaze on a hot guy and I don't want to leave anything to chance!!!

Any recs for something that will make me totally irrisistable

Been looking at LUST, SIREN, and VIXEN but any others will be looked at for sure!

I think it's mainly about finding scents that make you feel sexy. If you feel hot, the rest will follow. :P

That said, my go-to sexy scents from the general catalog are Wolfsbane (smells like getting it on in the forest; your mileage may vary) and Versailles (every time I wear it, my husband says it smells really good, so, yeah, that's a win! He normally doesn't really notice smells at all).

These are probably pretty oddball choices, though, and I'm sure other people will have more obvious saucy scents to offer.

Djinn (my fiance likes fire, apparently!), Lust (but patchouli and I are like this), and Tanin'Iver (dark and cinnamon are yum!) seem to be my sexier go-tos. Scherezade is one I was introduced to recently and it's definitely got that vibe, too.

That said, this thread will likely be able to help ya out. *grin* I'm still learning my way around.

One of the Excolo Conjure bag blends might be good, especially if the notes appeal to you. And be sure to test them out before the, er, encounter. What is supposed to be a hot, sexy blend (ex. Fire of Love) may turn bad with skin chemistry (ex., on me FoL was dead zombie hippies. REALLY not hot).

I have had stellar luck with spicy vanilla - the jasmine vanilla from Bath & Body Works has put male noses in my cleavage with frightening regularity. The sugary variations are not so effective on me, but the vanilla always seems to make guys go "Aroo?" It sounds like Snake Oil is the closest to the Jasmine Vanilla, but I've not tried it yet.

The other scent that gets attention - and I have not found a BPAL variation that I really like yet - is the Body Shop's Juba oil. It's basically citrus and spice (on me), and that's been known to cause a double take from time to time as well.

Like coldandsleepy said, it's really about finding one that you love and the rest will follow :P But we're always here to suggest. My partner love-love-love-loooooves Snake Oil and Kabuki. I think it's the red musk, because he's favourable to Black Phoenix and Blood Moon as well. The only ones he's ever been repelled from were ones that loudly disagreed with my skin (Satyr, Pulcinella and Teresina, etc...) and Embalming Fluid because I told him the name and he works in the funeral industry, so he just found it too gross.

But because I've still got one paper left and would do anything to not have to finish it. Here's a list:

Innocent, coquettish: Alice, Lolita, Kyoto

Sultry, mature, independent: Venice, Mata Hari, Kabuki

Sex kitten: Snake Oil, Blood Rose, Vixen

Take me now: Wanda, Kali, Dragon's Hide

Of course, this is from my own experience with the oils (not, like, life experience, but scent experience).

Bastet is my favorite sexy scent: it's a warm, sensual, spicy-sweet-skin scent that both my partner and I love. I mostly wear this one for evenings in, but it's also nice for a romantic dinner out.

When I want something darker and edgier, The Black Tower makes me feel sultry and powerful (and is also a hit with the man). This one has good throw, and I like to wear it as an evening out scent. The wine and leather make it seem appropriate for bars, clubs, and dancing.

Nemesis, Perversion, C. Auguste Dupin, De Sade, The Premature Burial, Penny Dreadful, and Ra have all engendered favorable responses of the sniff-and-pounce variety, though none as strongly as Anne Bonny. The first time I tried it, I didn't think it was all that special and I almost swapped her away. For whatever reason, I decided to give her a second try later in that evening. At some point I was snuggling up to my partner when he asked if I was wearing new perfume. I said yes, but that I didn't think it was that great, and I offered him my hand to sniff. He went crazy, huffing my hand and telling me how delicious I smelled, followed by attempts at ravishing and the admonishment to not wear Anne Bonny to bed if I actually wanted to sleep. :D Needless to say, Anne Bonny has become one of my favored stay-at-home sexy scents!

On him, I go wild for Jolly Roger. I love the way it smells all on its own (it was the first scent that made me understand the concept of "sex in a bottle"), but the way it mixes with his skin is just so... :D

Nosferatu has started to have a similar effect on me, although that's more a result of conditioning than a direct hit to my innate olfactory hot spot. :P

Althought new to the forums, I am not new to BPAL or TAL. So here are my recommendations:

1. French Love, and wear it with Queen. Was a hit

2. Cleo May (TAL) is very sexy and ALOT of people love how sexy smelling it is. Compliments from men and women. ..WHAT IS THAT SMELL! lol

3. My hubby loves Antique Lace and Black Lace

4. Vixen

5. Queen of the Nile (TAL)

6. Dixie Love (TAL)

7. Chimera

8. Red Devil

9. Siren (TAL)

Basically there are alot of TAL's that smell good on you although I know most are used for rituals, but some are meant to be worn as well. The voodoo (now Conjure Oils) most of the lust blends are really alluring as I have mentioned above. If I were going on date or something for first time, my first choice would be French Love and Queen. TRUST ME! Wear Cleo May around the 3rd or 4th date. hehe

After the longest dry spell of my life, I finally have a new crush. He is having some serious trouble though - he got as far as asking me over email which movie I think will do better at the box office (Iron Man or Made of Honor) but never quite managed to ask me out.

So I've been thinking of scents I can wear next time I see him, and Defututa just leapt out at me. It's really new (just came out at Valentine's Day), but has anyone tried it when in proximity to a boy? In case you need a reminder:

DEFUTUTA

Good Gods, what a night that was,

The bed was so soft, and how we clung,

Burning together, lying this way and that,

Our uncontrollable passions

Flowing through our mouths.

If I could only die that way,

I'd say goodbye to the business of living.

Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower.

I just schmeared some on myself and...kept schmearing it all over me until I only had half an imp left. So, um, if someone was trying to seduce ME this is definitely what I'd recommend...but boys...?

Lady Una, hands down for me! A friend fo mine let me try some of her's on. Iwas oh-so-tasty allday long. It turned a couple heads, too! *grins*

I get a huge reaction from my husband on O, Snake Oil and Bathsheba. Of those three, I'd say that O and Bathsheba are most suited for "day wear". Snake Oil can be a bit strong, especially during the summer. I wear it during the day, but that's just me...

Zomg, I totally agree with Bathsheba. I totally feel like teh sex with that stuff on. Last time I wore that scent I got lucky if you know what I mean *winks*.