Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

My good ones:

Snake Oil (well aged)

Morocco--someone has to get close to you, and it smells like saffron vanilla on me

Snow Moon-makes me feel kick-ass

Cottonmouth -sexy florals grounded by a wisp of Snake Oil

Calico Jack - I feel like a pirate queen

I'll add more as I think of them!

Smut, Crypt Queen (strange, no?), Snake Oil, and I feel like a damn Sex Goddess when wearing Magdalene even if the scent itself doesn't give off that kind of vibe.

I found out this weekend that Shub (the GC version) smells wonderful on me & the 2 guy friends I was with kept moving in closer to get a sniff.

yesterday i tested red lantern 06 & i got compliments about it smelling really great & sexy...well, i sure thought the same :P

Well, I've got two different kinds of sexy going on when it comes to BPAL perfumes. Morocco is my every day "signature" scent, and as long as I'm wearing it I feel sexy-- even if I'm covered in dirt, in grungy work clothes, or having a bad hair day. But when I want to vamp it up, I go for Bordello. It just smells luscious. I always want to taste myself when I wear it :P

Last weekend I wore Luperci out for a friend's birthday celebration at a club, and ran into my ex's roommate. He asked my to dance and almost immediately started snuffling my neck and didn't stop the entire time. By the end of the dance he was having a hard time keeping his hands to himself, and had actually started trying to bite my neck just under where I applied it. It made me wonder what the conversation was like when he got home. Hehe.

Victory! :P

Proginoskes, I'm in total agreement about Luperci! Not that I've gotten that reaction from my husband (unfortunately), but at least I find it sexy. I also find it sort of warm and cuddly, but that's nice, too. I wore it yesterday for a walk in the misty evening air and when I got indoors and took off my sweater, I thought, "Damn, I smell like a sex goddess!" I don't know if anyone else thought so, but that's okay since I wasn't really going for a reaction from someone else, just wanted to smell nice for myself.

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and one of the few men as well it seems!

I'm looking for a scent for my wife to wear for me (LOL, how awful is that?). She's got lots of great scents, but I want to find something that sultry, dark, and seductive that makes me sit up and grab her arm and drag her into the bedroom.

We're not big fans of floral scents. Notes are fine, but preferably not the dominant scents. Also, nothing that's crazy strong. You know, one drop on, and you can smell it across the room.

Thoughts??

dArtagnan,

There's a whole thread on sexy recommendations here . It's a long thread, but if you read through some of it, you will get lots of great suggestions!

edited because I forgot to give you my recommendations! :D

Mme. Moriarty, Misfortune Teller, for a dark red musk, patchouli, vanilla scent with just the mildest hint of fruit; and Bloodlust, which has vetiver to darken the musk, patchouli, and dragon's blood combo. :P

Edited by Poenari

Here's a tip for searching longer threads, just FYI (cut and pasted from my post in Beyond Perfume):

Open the topic that you are interested in - for example: "Bottles, Containers, supplies galore," "BPAL in Oil Burners, Warmers, Diffusers," "Solid BPAL Perfumes." Then scroll down to the bottom of any page of that topic, where you can see the last post on the page. Right below the last post, you will see a box on the left that contains "Enter Keywords" with a radio button beside it that's labeled "Search Topic."

This handy feature will find a list of posts for you within the topic that contain your search term. So if you are only looking for atomizers, search the "Bottles" topic for that. You are thereby relieved of the giant pain in the ass of reading 18 pages of posts looking for what you need.

Poenari,

Thanks for the heads up! As you can see, my post has been appropiately redirected thanks to an assist from a mod. I'm still learning a little of how things work, and while I saw this thread, I guess it seemed a little more generic while I had a more specific idea of what I was looking for so just reading through seemed like it wouldn't really work, and I guess it didn't occur to me that if added a post to the end of it, it would be bumped up and garner additional visits. Lesson learned! Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely check them out!!

dArtagnan,

There's a whole thread on sexy recommendations here . It's a long thread, but if you read through some of it, you will get lots of great suggestions!

edited because I forgot to give you my recommendations! :D

Mme. Moriarty, Misfortune Teller, for a dark red musk, patchouli, vanilla scent with just the mildest hint of fruit; and Bloodlust, which has vetiver to darken the musk, patchouli, and dragon's blood combo. :P

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and one of the few men as well it seems!

I'm looking for a scent for my wife to wear for me (LOL, how awful is that?). She's got lots of great scents, but I want to find something that sultry, dark, and seductive that makes me sit up and grab her arm and drag her into the bedroom.

We're not big fans of floral scents. Notes are fine, but preferably not the dominant scents. Also, nothing that's crazy strong. You know, one drop on, and you can smell it across the room.

Thoughts??

Carnal might be one to consider, and I'd also suggest Perversion, Blood (especially aged), Hunger, Scherezade, Shub Niggurath, The Great Sword of War and you absolutely must get her Dorian. And O.

This is my first time to Bpal and I'm not sure what to try. I've had this boyfriend for a year and I wanna excite things up a little and I've never really worn perfume. I've read the reviews and these scents sound amazing. Other scents I have enjoyed from other places are Guess and Bath and Body works "Japanese Cherry Blossom"

The scent should be sexy, and slightly mysterious. I'm not very good with telling different parts of the scents, where they come from. I don't know what he likes but I know on myself I don't like fruity scents.

From looking at descriptions and reviews I am thinking of trying "Lady Macbeth"

Help! Thank you!

Edit: And I don't really like Amber either.

Edited by aRoseInAnEmptyWorld

This is my first time to Bpal and I'm not sure what to try. I've had this boyfriend for a year and I wanna excite things up a little and I've never really worn perfume. I've read the reviews and these scents sound amazing. Other scents I have enjoyed from other places are Guess and Bath and Body works "Japanese Cherry Blossom"

The scent should be sexy, and slightly mysterious. I'm not very good with telling different parts of the scents, where they come from. I don't know what he likes but I know on myself I don't like fruity scents.

From looking at descriptions and reviews I am thinking of trying "Lady Macbeth"

Help! Thank you!

First of all, welcome! There's a whole thread on seductive scents here that you should peruse at your leisure, but to address your specific concerns... hmm.

If you don't like fruity scents, I think Lady Macbeth wouldn't be a great first choice. The wine scent is fruity, in addition to the currants and the berries. Thyme won't balance it out that much.

The first recommendation when someone talks about sexy scents will always be Snake Oil. It's not one I can wear personally, but it is the bestseller for a reason.

If you are looking for something darkly sexy or sweetly sexy, it makes a difference. (Most people wouldn't put Alice in the sexy category, but I feel flirty/sexy when I wear it, for example.) For passion, a lot of people go the route of spicy scents- Port-au-Prince, Bengal, Eclipse, The Lion and Morocco all spring to mind- or heady florals, like Medea, Euphrosyne, Hunger or Black Dahlia. Some like sweetness: O, Dorian, Queen of Sheba or Bien Loin D'ici, and finally you have musky scents: Scherezade, The Raven, Hell's Belle, Bastet, Loviatar (more leather than musk, really), or Spellbound... lots of those cross into other categories, those are just vague outlines of scent families. Anyway, I hope that helps a little! The more information you can provide about what makes you feel sexy, the better!

The more information you can provide about what makes you feel sexy, the better!

You mean scents that make me feel sexy? or anything in general?

scents? no idea, im new to this.

In general? The color red, ive been told by many people (my bf one of them) and from seeing it myself that I look hot in red. I don't like the frilly pink stuff for myself. dark and red.

Hope that helps.

Rather than snake oil, I suggest Habu, which is Snake Oil with ho wood, teak, black musk, and bamboo. Musk tends to read as sexy. Habu, like all snake oil needs a little extra time to season sometimes, so if you get it and it doesn't work, try it again at 3 months and at 6. It's a carnivale diabolique, though, so you have to invest in the full bottle or check the swaps/sale forum for decants.

General catalog wise, I suggest HAUNTED: (Company says: A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.) I can totally imagine Theda Bera wearing this late in her silent film career.

Hmm... you might try Perversion, Priala the Human Phoenix, Black Phoenix, or Shub-Niggurath. To me, resins and cinnamon are very sexy, especially if you don't like overly fruity scents.

Interesting that you request non-fruity scents - Guess is grapefruit & black currant, both very juicy fruit notes. My guess (OH the pun!) is that the vanilla, oakmoss & sandalwood tone things down enough that it doesn't read as fruity, per se.

Meanwhile, my vote for sexy & mysterious (and tying in with your dark red theme) is for anything with red musk or opium. Red musk can be tricky - it smells almost greasy on some people, but on me, it's warm & luxurious with almost a sweet/salty note. The LE Chrysanthemum Moon is my top red musk scent, but Mme Moriarty, Scherezade & Spellbound are super tasty, as well. Opium smoke comes across as a thick, dry but nearly fruity scent - Parliament of Monsters is a stunning example, but very heavy. Belle Époque is a lighter option, very pretty but not in a frilly pink way at all.

If these sound too heavy, I'll second Cordia's recs for Bastet, Morocco & the Lion - all spicy, musky resin scents that wear well on lots of people.

ooh!!! my vote it for Lust from reading arose's posts. Definetely something that I wouldn't wear at work.

Thanks for your help! As soon as I have the money I'll buy some of this.

For some more help, here's the description for Japanese Cherry Blossom, a scent from Bath and Body Works that I enjoy.

This exotic fragrance is a sensuous blend of Japanese Cherry Blossom, vanilla rice, oriental woods and delicate mimosa petals.

(and i don't like amber)

hope that helps

And should I buy samples of different suggestions and see which he likes best? or just buy a whole bottle of a certain kind?

Edited by aRoseInAnEmptyWorld

Hi, aRose!

Honestly, with BPAL, you can never tell what's going to work on your skin chemistry. I'd try a whole bunch of them - start with an imp pack of things that look likely. It's how the addiction starts! :D

If you're looking something that's specifically like Japanese Cherry Blossom, there's a thread here that has reccomendations in regards to B&BW stuff. You can peruse that thread, or ask there for help. :P

Just looking at those notes, I'd check out The Fox Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child and The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa. (I've never tried either, but the notes look similar.) I should note that you can't get those in imps, but if you're willing to buy or trade from forum members you might be able to get your hands on those there!

Good luck and welcome to BPAL!

I'm not super-crazy about the scent, but every time I've worn #20 Love Oil, I've gotten large amounts of attention from guys (including the first time that I just tested a little and forgot about it... went to the grocery store in old sweatpants looking like a total grub and it still worked. Really caught me off-guard cause I wasn't expecting it. Interestingly, I've noticed that #20 Love Oil has a slightly greater effect on men of color than on white guys. Love Me (again, I'm not head over heels about the smell - though it does have that cherry note that folks were mentioning) has similar effects, but seems to work more across the board. The first time I wore each of these for my guy, he was like "What are you wearing?" The effects of both of these oils is pretty striking so I use them with caution.

Like the others have said, it kind of depends on what you find sexy. Judging from Lady Macbeth's description, I'm guessing (?) you're looking for something with similar notes to Guess or Cherry Blossom, but stronger, deeper, and darker overall. Is that close? Ish? :) If that's the case, probably you would really like Fox-Woman and Lantern Ghost, but not find them sexy. They're beautiful, but very light and delicate on me. (Ditto for Dragon Moon, btw. If you come across any [it was a limited edition] you might want to grab it.) In the General Catalog, Kyoto is a blend with cherry blossom in it that's a bit deeper than those because of the sandalwood. It does have anise in it, I'm not sure how you feel about that, though.

And just for now, you might not want to instantly discount something just because it has amber as a note. Perfume oils usually react with your skin chemistry in different ways than alcohol-based perfumes do. Just because something has a particular note in it doesn't mean that note will or won't necessarily come out on your skin. Or, you might (probably, actually) find you like different things in perfume oils than you do in alcohol-based perfumes. We've all found that out to varying degrees - for me it was, "What? Jasmine and ylang ylang are too strong on me in BPAL? And what do you mean I suddenly like incense, patchouli, and wood notes?!" Definitely don't forget to experiment a little. That's part of the fun!

Anyway, going from the description of the notes in Guess, it's possible you like berry notes even though you don't like fruit notes. As someone who loves black currant or blackberry blends, but really dislikes most fruity blends, I can attest they're definitely not the same. Off the top of my head for general catalog blends are Bewitched, Arachnina The Spider Girl (actually part of the Carnaval, so it's Limited, but currently available), Medea, and although I haven't tried it, The Knave of Hearts if "foody" is also a possibility. Some boys like foody scents y'know. :D It doesn't have any currant in it, but Hollywood Babylon has always struck me as debauched berry, you might like that. Limited Editions with currant in them you might think are sexy could be Red Lantern, Monsterbait: Closet (foody again) or - and these are really rare - Queen of Clubs or Crumpet Rebellion. You can't have those last two, though, because they're mine. ALL. MINE. :D

If you're open to light incense or patchouli, you might like Luperci (Limited Edition), Silk Road, or Mr. Ibis (I get a very light incense from this along with the green-ness) even though they don't have any berry or floral overtones. I've had boys react very well to all three of those.

Definitely put up an ISO post in the Wanted forum, and look around on the Sales forum for imps/sample sizes to try out, as well as ordering from the lab. You could probably even get hold of most of the LEs with a little looking. If you think he might be interested, you could also see if he'd like to help you pick out some stuff for him to sniff from behind your ear, or in your cleavage. :P

*And I know it's not BPAL, but a blackberry perfume men have always had strooong reactions to for me is Trish McEvoy's #9 Blackberry Vanilla. But you didn't hear it from me.