Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet, sorrowful, doomed longing:

somnambulic lavender, wild plum, Siamese benzoin, and sugared opium tar.

Vous me baisez comme une soeur:

Ces baisers sont pleins de douceur;

Mais souffrez que je les condamne.

Je ne suis qu’un mortel, ô[ô] nouvelle Diane,

Pourquoi me traitez-vous ainsi qu’un Apollon?

Je serai trop heureux du sort d’Endimion.

You kiss me like a sister,

Kisses filled with sweetness;

Yet you must allow me to condemn them,

For I’m only mortal, my Diane;

Why treat me like Apollo great?

I’d be so happy with Endymion’s fate.

– Pauline de Simiane

Fresh out of the mail and it reminds me SOOOO much of See Thyself, Devil! This makes me very happy. Will update in a few days after settling.

This is beautiful. I can smell each of the listed notes and they are blended beautifully. It goes on fairly strong, mostly plum and opium tar, and softens a bit when I start to smell the lavender. Glad to have a bottle.

So lovely! Hard to describe as it is so well blended on the skin, not one note jumps out in particular. In the bottle I would say it's a sweet lavender and opium scent, but I definitely get the plum on the skin. It's floral-fruity-incensey all at once. Lightly sweet, but with the Incense depth, too. An instant fave for me!

If you're a fan of opium tar, this will be your jam.

The perfume-y opium tar is the star of the show throughout wear on me. It's the same opium tar from Sugar, Poppy Tar, and Red Currant, which is a trio that I really enjoy. I also agree with the See Thyself, Devil! comparison, although I prefer that trio and this Luper to that scent. (I'm not sure why, since that one has lavender and no plum, and I'm not big on plum.) I don't get a ton of lavender (it's most noticeable in the beginning, but can't hold a candle to the opium tar), and the plum does go wonky on me at one point, but it ends up correcting course (phew!). By the end of the day, it's mostly sugared opium tar backed by some plum and the softly resinous benzoin note.

I'm going to have to give this a full day of wear (instead of just a test that involved three other scents on different parts of my arms) to determine whether or not I need more than a decant. I have to see if that plum goes wonky again! But the decant is a keeper.

Edited by doomsday_disco