Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Pumpkin Gingerbread Creme Brulee Pie

Scorched pumpkin creme brulee in a gingerbread crust.

Edited by Jenjin

This one is SO good!! Sniffing in the bottle, I get the pumpkin and gingerbread! On my skin, those notes stay true and the creamy/crust notes come out. On me it has a medium throw and lasts a long time. Not too overbearing. 

On 12/19/2023 at 3:35 AM, Numanoid said:

This one is SO good!! Sniffing in the bottle, I get the pumpkin and gingerbread! On my skin, those notes stay true and the creamy/crust notes come out. On me it has a medium throw and lasts a long time. Not too overbearing. 

Agree with this one! On me it is more gingerbread than pumpkin with the scorched creme brûlée rounding the scent out. Delicious!! Considering getting a backup bottle 🤔

Edited by myla.mouse.n.di

Oh.  Oh, my.  This decant was added last minute, on a whim.  I have a few other gingerbread scents and just wanted to try this for fun.  Well, this is really really nice!  It's the familiar spicy toasty gingerbread note, just a little scorched, but I can smell the custardy creme brulee (especially if I sniff up close), just peeking out a little.  I didn't expect to be considering a 5ml bottle but here I am doing just that.  Yummmmmm.

Flawless spiced very very sweet gourmand. Not a lot of pumpkin on me. This is everything I love about Silk Road Resurrected turned into a foodie fragrance. I need a bottle. 

This goes on as mostly gingerbread at first, accompanied by that caramelized creme brulee sugar. Over time, the gingerbread spices fade, and the caramelized sugar is the star. There's some slightly vegetal pumpkin mixed in with the custard, but not a lot, so I wouldn't go into this hoping for lots of pumpkin. The vanilla custard, however, ends up being a syrupy, cheap vanilla on me, similar to how every Death and Floral gourmand wound up on me (I have stopped trying things sent to me by that house). Buuuut it takes takes like 6 hours before that happens, so it's mostly creme brulee sugar throughout wear. I don't really get any pie aspect to this scent, but I'm guessing that it's like... a creme brulee made in a huge tart tin instead of a little ramekin.

I wish the gingerbread had stuck around the entire time. I'll probably retest this before it goes away, but at the moment, I feel like I'm fine with just my decant.

This is pumpkin spice pie on me. I don't get any creme brulee or gingerbread notes. I do get a breaded crust element to the scent though. I think the gingerbread is disappearing in the pumpkin spice of it all for me. So instead, this feels very fall and is far more pumpkin spice desert than pumpkin.

The only pumpkin flavored thing that I enjoy is the Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie concrete from Culver's.  In the bottle, this smells just like that ice cream + a plate of gingerbread cookies.  Sweet, creamy, and spicy.  I will probably wind up using this more in an oil warmer than as a perfume because it's so much better in the bottle than it is on my skin.
First applied, this immediately becomes a drier, spicier scent. 
Dry pumpkin spice seasoning blend poured over the gingerbread cookies.  There's a hint of creaminess and richly sweet caramel, but they're already on the way to fading out entirely.
After a half hour, still lots of spices and the caramel is oddly starting to smell more like honey.  The creaminess is gone, but I feel like I can smell hints of astringent black tea, earthy tobacco, and crunchy dead leaves along with the heavy spice.  As it fully dries down, it's very much in pumpkin spice candle territory and the sharp, dry spice isn't something that I care for.