Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Every crumb sticks to the fork: a dense, lightly-spiced cake glazed in raw honey gathered from bees who thrive on lavender nectar.

Edited by Jenjin

this is a soft and gorgeous lavender, both floral and herbaceous, blended with a dense yet fluffy honey cake. the opening is all lavender, and it reminds me a lot of lilith’s lav, gentle and aromatic without being sharp or medicinal at all. as it wears, the cake note emerges, lightly sweetened with a touch of golden honey. there’s a warm, rich stickiness to it, yet i don’t find the honey overpowering nor cloying, and the cake remains light and airy, reminiscent of a honey-soaked sponge cake. soft and subtle scent with medium throw, gourmand without being overly foodie. love love love!

Edited by blair

The most prominent note is the honey. It's a lovely balance between funky and floral. The cake note is, indeed, very lightly spiced. I get a breath of spices mixed in the warm yellow cake note. I usually amp spices so this is a big relief for me. The lavender note is present in the wet stage of this perfume, then fades into the honey note. It's a light and cuddly lavender, which might be why the honey absorbs it so well.

This is a really nice gourmand with interesting depth. I do love the Lab's musky honey notes, though.

I had blind bottled this and received it and tried it last month, but didn't want to review it until I was ready to find my bottle of The Sharing of the Cake Between the Lion and the Unicorn HG so that I could make a comparison (since that one smells like honey cake).

The honey cake in this is definitely different than the honey cake in the above hair gloss. That has more of a fluffy vibe, you can tell this cake is denser, and I think they don't share the same honey notes. The cake must be really lightly spiced, because the spices aren't noticeable to me. This is very lavender-forward, but with plenty of golden honey covering a dense cake. Neither aspect of the scent disappears over time, although the honey does gain strength with wear. This does go somewhat powdery on me by the end of the day, but in a pleasant way, like the honey musk in Capax Inifiti (I haven't deathmatched them to see if they share the same sort of honey, though).

I'm glad I grabbed a bottle of this, and I can see myself reaching for it during the spring and summer months.

Edited by doomsday_disco

When I first got a decant of this scent, I was overwhelmed by the combination of rich, dense honey and rich, dense cake. Now that I've had it awhile, the richness has dialed back from 11 to 7, which allows the lavender to shine through. I agree that the honey develops a musky quality, but that is right in my wheelhouse. Very pleased to end up with such a delightful lavender honey concoction.

This is such a soft lavender with such a rich honey note. I agree it turns a little bit skin musky after a while but never loses that softness. So, so, so good.

Wet: Light, fluffy lavender.

Dry: Lavender with some thick honey. I think I might use this as a sleep scent! 

More honey than cake, with a heavy side of lavender. The honey note is the strongest on me, but it does have a cake quality to it, as opposed to a straight honey scent. It's a very dense honey cake note, bringing to mind a cake soaked and dripping with honey. The lavender, while strong, still plays second fiddle to the honey. The lavender note is on the cozier, sweet side here, given a deeper quality to it by the combo with the honey. Overall, the scent is a very dense, cozy, rich honey cake with a healthy dose of lavender, warm and deep while still being foodie.