Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A chewy-edged brownie that gently bites back, studded with cacao nibs and lavender baking morsels

Edited by Jenjin

This starts off with a ton of lavender - sweet and not-too-herbal - and a whiff of chocolate.  As it dries, the chocolate and lavender balance out.  The drydown is pure brownie, similar to Lump of Coal, but with a hint of lavender.  This is YUM!

Perfectly balanced lavender and brownie...exactly what I hoped for.

Eta: The next morning I was disturbed by a sickly sweet smell...it was the extreme dry down of the Lavender Brownie. I hope this ages out because the first few hours (reapplying to get that hit of lavender) are awesome.

Another edit: I tested this again yesterday (25 December). My husband and I both have an aversion to honey notes. I feel like there must be some unlisted honey lurking in here because we both smell it. I will have to decide if it ruins the scent for me or not. 

Edited by HerbGirl

This is more lavender on me than brownie, but the brownie is there throughout wear, just never overtaking the lavender on my skin. The brownie does smell brownie-like instead of like cocoa powder (which can happen with some chocolate scents), and it is strongest during the wet phase of the scent. The lavender keeps this from smelling strictly foodie, but as someone who enjoys lavender baked goods, I don't know why I've never thought to make lavender brownies? Now I'm going to have to make them sometime. (Not any time soon, though... I just got done making 16 different cookies/treats during the week of Christmas and I'm sick of baking now. :lol: )

During the late drydown of the scent, several hours later, I smell something that's not lavender or brownie. It reminded me of a slightly tannic iced tea note, actually. I don't know where that is coming from. :think: I'll have to slather it next time I wear it and see if it happens again.

I'm happy to have this and may have to grab a back-up bottle before it goes away. This could be a day or nighttime lavender, but I can see myself slathering it before bedtime.

In the bottle it's very much making brownies in a Lavender scented kitchen.

Wet: I was a little worried because at first the Lavender seemed like it might be overwhelming the Brownie and a little medicinal like TKSnow is for me. However it started to fade within 5 minutes and became a nice mix of lavender and  chocolate.

Dry: 20 minutes after dry down it started to smell almost like a chocolate marshmallow the my skin chemistry decided nah  chewy fudge instead lol

Three hours after application is smells like a chocolate powder scent and has faded a bit. Although I'm now 4 reviews in and realizing these might be fading because I'm using just a tiny dot of oil to test 🤷🏼‍♀️ but I really enjoyed this scent a ton and I'll be reaching for it again soon and will probably slather it on 😂

Wet, this is a lot of camphorous lavender backed by the gooiest brownies you can imagine. The brownie note in this is very realistic and it does smell like brownies specifically, not just chocolate or fudge. I think the lavender here is the same as the lavender in Lavender Earl Grey Cookies and Lavender Buttercream but next to the overwhelming richness of the brownie note, it feels more herbal than sweet.

This has huge staying power. I wore Lavender and Brownies to bed last night and I can still smell it pretty clearly on my wrists this morning, although it's mostly just the brownies by now. The throw is perfect for me, not too strong or too faint.

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this one. I love both lavender and brownies, but I didn't like the combination at first. The wet stage definitely bites back. I've worn it a few times now and it's growing on me, though.

A gooey, sweet, chocolate brownie with creamy lavender white chocolate chips, topped off with sprigs of herbal lavender for decoration.  I'm not the biggest fan of lavender, but I am a huge fan of gourmands, and I really like what the Lab has done with The Lavender Kitchen.  The little bit of herbal lavender keeps Lavender Brownie from being too sweet at first, even though it smells absolutely decadent.  After a couple hours, the lavender fades a lot and I'm mostly left with gooey brownie and a smooth, creamy, vanillic scent.  I can see myself wearing this a lot when I want a chocolate scent (though Chad from the American Gods series will always be my #1 chocolate scent).

Brownies with lavender on top. This is a soft, but not weak, foodie scent on me. The brownie and lavender are pretty equally matched. The brownie is a brownie note, and has a noticeable gooey quality to it. The lavender is surprisingly floral/plant like, without taking away from the baked goods nature of the scent. Overall, a soft gourmand duo.