Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The almond is the cherry-almond-extract variety and the woody bitterness of the fig really makes this smell like cough syrup.  There's a hint of evergreen from the autumn leaves and maybe some powderiness from the amber, but mostly this is an overwhelming cough syrup scent.  It's bitter, medicinal, and woody, with a sour red berry tone.  Very strong.  I only wore it for an hour before I had to scrub it off.

Softer than expected, I mostly get an earthy fig sweetened by the almond. I don’t get any artificial or medicinal notes with this almond. The flutter  of leaves is just that and is very faint. It only lends to the Halloween feel but does not take over like most dead leaves can certainly do. Somehow this amber does seem buttery smooth and just ties everything together. Very pretty and easy to wear. Slightly atmospheric.

This works pretty well on me!  When I first put it on, it does remind me of a fall themed candle scent.  I think I'm mostly smelling the fig note at first.  But after a while more of the amber comes out, and the candle impression fades.  

So, it's mostly fig and amber on me.  It is a light scent.  A couple of times I thought I smelled a "band-aid" note, but that's not there today.  Also yesterday I would have sworn I smelled a faint campfire note, maybe that was the leaves playing tricks on me.  This does make me think of DL, Vanilla Bean, Pink Fig and Brandied Dates from last year, but I have NOT compared them directly so I could be wrong.  But it does seem like a similar fig note, to me. 

This is a fall fig scent on me. The amber note almost reads buttery on me. And I don't get leaves so much as fall spices. The scent is not quite foodie, but, in short, I'd describe it as spiced figs. It does remind me of pie filling.

There may be something wrong with my sniffer. All I smell are Gushers, as in the 90’s gummies. Not mad about it, but even with weeks of rest for this blind bottle, that’s what I’m getting! 

Very bright almond, the kind that pushes cherry makes this more fruity than nutty on me. Figgy-cherry with just a hint of rich amber underneath.

Dear god, I knew this was going to be good, but not that it was going to be a keeper. 

Squishy, warm fig, soft spices, almond (that indeed reads more cherry), enhanced by golden glow and the essence of autumn.

This would be lovely all year 'round, even though something in this just reads autumn, but i can't put my finger on it why, the leaves are not super noticeable (and I guess go more spicy on my in this), but there's just a general autumn "aesthetic" to this. It's got this sliiiight 'home candle' scent thing going on, but it's not to the point where it's distracting, nor is it neccesarily that, in a bad way.

I can't stop sniffing my wrists with this on. Beautiful and absolutely approved. :smilenod: