Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Hound and the White Milk Doe

Graceful, regal, elegant, and cursed: golden sandalwood and liquidambar, cardamom, coconut milk, jasmine sambac, white petal rosewater, and labdanum.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Just beautiful. Fizzy at first, almost a little tropical; I'm guessing that's the coconut milk peeking through. Jasmine sambac really works for me more than any other in the jasmine world, and this is no exception. Sweet, but not cloying. Fresh, but not laundry. Floral, but not overwhelmingly so. The sandalwood and amber are in the background at first, but they appear as this warms. This is absolutely giving me Luper in the Weenies vibes. I love it.

Also, if you liked To Lallie, I think you will like this one.

Edited by elissamay

Liquidambar is a beautiful note on my skin, it's definitely one of the predominant notes in this on me. It's giving a warm resinous fall forest when backed with the sandalwood and labdanum. The cardamom enhances that spiced woody-resin of those notes, and is distinct on my skin, sharp and hinting at sweetness, there's something almost haunting about this cardamom.

The jasmine is the main floral on my skin, wafting through those woods mysteriously. The plant is not in sight, but it's aromatic blossoms, which feel almost out of season add to the feeling of being gracefully haunted. The rosewater is a murmur of floral support that just adds to that haunting element.

The coconut milk adds a beautifully soft, dreamy creaminess to all of this that soothes over any rough edges. Bringing the whole of it to elegant and haunting autumn woods with the memories of other seasons. I love this, and I love it for a fall scent especially!

This is more of a spicy, resinous scent than I anticipated. There's a sweetness to it, but I would never have picked out 'coconut' as a note. I was excited to see how rose would show up here, but I don't detect it at all. I'm not getting any overt jasmine either. If you're a rose-lover excited for a rebelliously floral-forward Halloween scent, this is not that. If you're a rose-hater with a love of resins and spice over a creamy sweet backdrop, this might be for you.

Soft white floral. The sandalwood, liquidambar round out the floral with a really soft pleasant warmth. The jasmine is not stinky nor centerstage. The rosewater and coconut aren't super loud or recognizable, but add to the overall white floral creamy dry palette. 

The scent isn't sweet, but a lightly dry vague white floral. I tend not to wear this sort of scent but it's really well done. Agree with the above comment about luper release vibes. Regal, graceful, elegant are appropriate descriptors. I find it a bit like something a platinum blonde femme fatale in a noir film would wear.

This is a really pleasant blend that I think successfully balances the duality of the concept. First, there is a milky white sweetness made up of the jasmine and coconut milk. The jasmine was more notable when I first put it on, but it blends equally with everything once it dries and isn't terribly strong. I like jasmine and don't amp it, though, so YMMV. The warmer notes come out more and more the longer the wear. It's a toasty dry sandalwood and cardamom, almost smoky. The sweet creaminess and floral touch are still present, though. I don't pick out the rosewater, and I've yet to learn how to identify labdanum. Liquidambar is new to me, so not sure how it is showing up either.

Overall, this is another hit. I think it'll be a great pick for all year round.

In the bottle and for the first few minutes on my skin, this is a powdery, sharp floral with hints of sweet, fruity-floral, tropical tones.  Fresh and slightly soapy.  The drydown shifts into what is very much a sharp floral laundry soap powder type of fragrance.  After an hour, I'm left with mostly a baby powder-ish scent with an undertone of masculine soapiness.  I don't recognize the floral as jasmine; it's more nondescript, and I don't get the discernable resins that other reviewers noted either.  Just laundry soap and powder, which I don't enjoy.

Fresh on, this is a tropical white floral with a swirl of spices. The creamy coconut seems to be combining with something in an interesting fashion, because I'm getting a very... banana impression. The cardamom and jasmine are here with the coconut milk, and at this stage it's very soft and pretty. In the drydown I expected more resins, but lo, it was not to be. Instead the jasmine, coconut milk, and maybe rosewater stick around and make a light sweet-floral haze.

The resins never really came out for me, which is a shame because I love resins, but if you prefer lighter and airier vibes this might be for you.

There are a couple other blends this reminds me of. When it first goes on, it seems a lot like Rabbit Moon 2021, and the drydown reminds me of Tomie - possibly because I tested Tomie recently.