Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is a very light, sweet scent. It's an outdoor sweetness, like being near a farm in the fall. Late afternoon by dry cornfields, hay in the air. Low throw and didn't have much staying power. 

This is more ...gourmand than I expected.  It's rather sweet and I think it's coming from the combination of corn and hay (like the hay from vanilla, hay, and nutmeg).

The Corn Spirit is hands-down the most Autumnal scent I got this year! My main impression is that glorious dry, golden-brown hay & grain note that BPAL gets perfect. There’s a hint of musty soil that just adds a chilly edge without smelling like a pile of dirt, and a sweet corn cob scent mixed in. After it dries, I can pick up the chamomile, like having a hot cup of tea after a breezy walk through the harvest fields.

If a scarecrow had a soul, this would be what it smelled like.

I get spicy rye and lots of dry golden hay. A bit of sweetness (but a sort of earthy sweetness, like barley syrup. Perhaps the corn?) I get zero soil on my skin, and just a breath of herbal chamomile as it dries down. Beautifully atmospheric and very autumnal.

Sweet, vanillic, dry hay and corn, slightly astringent chamomile, and a distant background of warm rye and a pinch of dirt. Very soothing and outdoorsy.

Beneath the golden cloak of rye stalks, sweet, sun-warmed hay, and chamomile’s milky innocence, a feral musk stirs, and the raw, rich peaty soil hints at the darkness of this unspoken truth, the haunting knowledge that the bounty of the fields comes at a cost.

Mmmm this smells like hay and corn cakes to me! Similar vibes of “with my scythe”. Sleeper hit of the 2023 weenies! gourmand leaning but would appeal to those who prefer more natural scents as well. I’m definitely getting a bit of floral as well, maybe the chamomile??