Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A decidedly unapologetic cacophony of shattered porcelain, rose petals, and peonies.

This is a fresh-from-the-mailbox review.  I get mostly peony, gentle and graceful, with a little rose on the drydown.  There is another note underneath these, very soft and almost dusty-smelling, I think may be the porcelain?  Overall, this is a gorgeous, light floral scent that I like very much. 

Wet - Subdued and low-profile, can get a small impression of the porcelain and florals at this state but just barely.

Drying - Curiously, a wet edge seems to come over the scent as it dries, pulling the porcelain smell out in to the air over the peony and rose. Lies very close to the skin, but has a lovely classy feel and is mature and older-fashioned without being out of date

My partner likened this to a perfume their grandmother would have worn and I can see what they mean. Thanks to the low-throw and simple notes, I can definitely see this appealing to someone looking for a peony-rose ONLY floral with a twist, the porcelain adds a fantastic dusty airiness that I'm enjoying immensely.

For me, this starts out with a lush, realistic rose note. It has stems, leaves and all. I get some greenery here which blends with the rose. The peony is also there but it's more subtle and delicate on my skin. I feel that the rose is the more dominant note on me. I can also smell another subtle note here which must be the porcelain. It's really hard for me to describe but it adds something cool and smooth to the scent. My main scent impressions are of a smooth rose with the softness of peony, on cool porcelain and the slightest hint of some greenery. It really is the perfect representation in scent form of the artwork. It's very elegant and classy 

Peonies and a very sweet, pink rose scent. Sugary and floral, without being too heady. It's slightly powdery on me and no greenery. Brings to mind fresh cut rose and peony blooms (little to no stems) in a porcelain cup.

This one is more rose than peony to me (I agree that it's a pink rose). I don't get any Pediophobia vibes from the porcelain, but there miiiight be a touch of cognac with the florals? I don't get a strong mineralic quality to this, and there's no stealth vanilla, just something soft lurking beneath the floral notes.

I was really hoping for more porcelain from this, but maybe my skin just ran away with the rose and peony.

On first application, this was all sweet crushed rose petals.

Giving it time to settle in, the peony really took over to my delight. The sweet crushed rose petals settled into the background and a realistic cut peony, almost fully opened took the lead. There is a whisper of something soft, dry, and cool in the background that makes me think of ceramics.

I'm not sure I'd call this a cacophony, but it is a lovely floral, very peony forward on me.

I added Floral Still Life With Cat into my 'Weenie order and was surprised that this was the scent that gave me the most Halloween feels.
Floral Still Life With Cat is the ghostly, charming, haunting rose scent that I didn't know I needed for spooky season. The porcelain smells cool toned and has a fancy, vanillic dusting powder and cream quality to it while the rose and peony are fresh, delicately sweet, and oh so pretty.  It has a creaminess that makes me think of applying lotion in its mid-stage and the subtle vanillic sweetness that rounds out the scent is addictive to me.  I've gotten tired of the rose jam and sugary vanilla scents, but this is like fresh rose and cool toned, non-sugary vanilla and I love it.  I can't get over how ghostly, airy, and chilly feeling it is on my skin. 
In mid-September, I started reading a horror novel a day and watching a horror movie every night (tis the season) and this perfume has become my go-to.  This obviously isn't a Halloween scent, but it fits that mood for me perfectly.  I want to smell like an elegant, cool, aloof lady ghost who haunts, captivates, and terrorizes people, which this scent totally nails for me.  I want to try some in an oil warmer, but I think that it would instantly haunt my home.

I figured this was either gonna go elegant or toilet. Well, I'm happy to report this is a nice, cool-toned soft floral. Everything is balanced: no sharpness or screechiness, maybe a bit more rose than peony. Fresh and pretty and haunted. I'd say the porcelain note rests somewhere between vanilla, the bone note, and white sandalwood, like if those were even smoother, cooler, softer, and more refined. It reminds me a bit of Young Woman Powdering Herself, that gorgeous spooky vintage floral vibe, but less powder, as well as a smidgen of a smidge of Black Opal, in how that scent was cool and smooth.

Glad I snagged a bottle of this and grateful for the good reviews!