Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A daytime snooze in an inconvenient location: freshly baked bread, culinary herbs, and cinnamon-steamed apples.

Fresh-baked bread and cinnamon apples! The bread is strongest at first - not overly sweet, a homey, domestic, wheat sort of bread, perhaps. As it dries, the cinnamon apples come out more and more - like an apple pie filling, no crust. I can't pick out any specific herbs, but I think that's toning down the sweetness somewhat: it's not *very* sweet, just enough to have *some* sweetness.

This is so nice and cozy, exactly as warm as it promises!

A surprisingly refreshing scent considering the notes in it. It is exactly as described - fresh bread, cooking herbs (mostly rosemary), cooked apples, and a hint of cinnamon. Yet somehow it keeps from being either too foody or too sweet. I had expected that this would mostly be a fall and winter scent, but now I think it will be in the rotation year-round

The bread notes starts off the strongest. The cinnamon-apple duo quickly catches up. I don't get so much of the herbs. Overall, a cinnamon apple strudel with fresh bread in the background. Foodie and very much a fall scent.

Goes on like a cloud of dry flour and tart, slightly sour, freshly sliced apples dusted in cinnamon.  I'm awful at picking out herbal notes, but there's something in here that smells like a tangy, dried herb.  I was surprised that the apple doesn't really stick around on me at all.  A Snug Corner leaves me smelling like a lightly spiced pie crust in the drydown - dry, delicately sweet, golden and flour-y.

I tested this after letting it settle for two days.

It starts off as cinnamon apples and baked bread, but the green herbs quickly rush forth and become the dominant note. The herbs sadly veer into soap territory on me, backed by what's left of the cinnamon apples -- with no more bread to be found. I tested this on my upper forearm and did not have any issues with the cinnamon burning or leaving any welts.

I'm not sure if this needs more time to settle due to having been in triple digit heat, so I'll probably give it another try in a few weeks. But at the moment, the fleeting bread and the prominent herbs make this one not a win for me. I'm hoping that with some more time to settle, I'll get less herbs and more bread.