Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

If she ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy: dragon’s blood resin, red benzoin, Tahitian vanilla flower, pink lotus, and sugared cream.

This starts with a strong whiff of sugared cream, followed by a nice creamy pink lotus 💓 and vanilla. As it dries, the dragon's blood resin starts creeping up and tinges the rest of the blend a bit dark and resinous, altering it just slightly but not taking over. How it ends and stays for me is pretty much that: a gorgeous pink lotus vanilla cream, touched by dragon's blood. It captures the imagery very well, all cute and cuddly, with a strange creeping darkness.

This was a risk for me, because while I like dragon's blood in incense, in perfume it's often 'too much' for me. But this very light bit mixed with creamy notes is great. If the dragon's blood was a concern, imo, I wouldn't worry, it's very light here. And if like me, you've been wanting a pink lotus forward scent, I'd strongly recommend this --it's so pretty here. 😍

Edited by Beary Strange

Basically agree with Beary Strange: this is a yummy pink lotus scent. The dragon's blood acts as a warm backdrop for creamy vanillic lotus. I'm not getting anything bubblegummy and it's very wearable and comforting. 

I think the cream note is turning a bit sour on me so this one is a pass.  I can smell sweeter things under the sourness, but I'm not prepared to slather to see what happens. I'll let the slonk rest a bit longer and see if I get a better result.

Ghost Dragon's Mama was the Singularity blend that I was most excited for this year and it does not disappoint, although it is very different from what I was expecting.  I expected a lot of dragon's blood and more of a fierce, protective, dominating scent for a dragon mama, but the dragon's blood is very subtle on me, more of a red, slightly floral-incensey, sultry glow underneath the other notes.  It's more mama happily cuddling her babies than angry mama defending her babies.  I got several compliments the day that I wore this (mostly from the family and friends that I was with on my birthday, but one from an actual stranger).  I usually don't love bpal's pink bubblegummy lotus note, and that's very strong here, but mixed with the sugared vanilla cream and hint of soft, creamy floral with the glow of the dragon's blood, it all rounds out the lotus and turns it into something altogether creamier and more perfume-like than simply candied.  I also don't get the watery or rubbery tone that I often get from the lotus note, just the pink, bubblegum, candied floral part.  I feel like this is the sort of scent that I would wear if I were around small children because it is pink, cuddly, playful, and sweetly appealing, but it also still has a sophisticated floral edge and the sultry quality from the dragon's blood, so it's more mature and pleasing to me.  It has moments where it reminds me of Dragon's Milk, but it feels more complex, well rounded, and full bodied.

Edited by Little Bird

Ghost Dragon's Mama is the Singularity blend that I took the biggest risk to buy a big bottle and I was disappointed to learn that DBR is a real amper on me.  It figures, as I was hoping for that bubblegummy lotus and this did not smell in the least what I was hoping.  I am usually a huge fan of BPAL's pink lotus note, and it is nicely present in the bottle but it disappears on my skin as does the hint of sugary vanilla cream.  I don't get any cream which is probably a plus since it often goes to sour milk territory on me or smells like I slathered myself in butter (yes, as a matter of fact I do have an olfactory reference for that, don't ask why).  I was hoping for a floral, springtime Dragon's milk but this is more of an incense with a hint of bubblegum.  Well, I will retry in many months as it takes a lot of aging for the original Dragon Milk to work for me and maybe this is similar.  I just hope the florals don't age out.

There's a general resinousness in this, that's vaguely heavy and dark, red. It's not overly strong, and while this is ofcourse partly the dragon's blood, there's something else here that must be a mix of the benzoin and one of the florals that elevate it to a type of red i haven't sniffed before, and it's gorgeous.

Here's the thing, the cream in here is slightly sour- it comes in wafts (as if it JUST over date), and it's not bad, but a little distracting. It keeps me from loving this. That said, i can't seem to stop sniffing my wrists when wearing this, so i can't claim this to be a bad experience at all, it's just..... weird. 

There's a certain foodiness to this, just ever so slightly. My skin also eats this quite quickly. 

Sour milk that stains your nostrils for hours. Seriously. 2+ hours in and no matter what, the pungent milk lingers  :(

Edited by Grim

To me, this is kind of like the lovechild of Abalone Vulva and Dragon's Milk. I love this sugared cream note (though be aware I am a huge cream/milk note fan), which reminds me of whipped cream. The pink lotus is a sweet, watery floral that gives me an aquatic feeling without really being aquatic. Very pretty. 

I am getting the sour haze some have mentioned, even after giving it a month or so to rest. Here for the sugared cream & pink lotus, which is a promise but not a reality from this oil for now.  soooo... back in the aging box. Will check in 6 months.