Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Vanilla husk, Sri Lankan sandalwood, chamomile blossoms, white musk, ti leaf, wildflower honey, and Tahitian ginger.

Oh boy… the first review 😬 I was a little nervous about the honey in this one. I love honey, but it’s not my favorite as a scent note on me. But this was too good to pass up and I’m so so SO glad I bought this one.

My first impression is that this is very reminiscent of Pallid Bat. Pallid Bat is one of my favorites because it reminds me of a gingery Dorian. Now I’m not saying Pazuru smells like Dorian, but it gives off very subtle Dorian vibes (which I’m attributing to the ti leaf). The honey is definitely present, as an easy detectable scent note. But I don’t find it abrasive or domineering at all. 

If you have ever wanted to get your hands on Pallid Bat, I would definitely take this as a sign to buy Pazuru. And just so everyone doesn’t hate me, I’ll say it again: this is not a Dorian dupe. But it does give me a similar feeling to Dorian (which is my all time fave).

Edited by WoolyBee

sweetly honeyed, freshly-grated ginger, with the vaguely citrus-like zing that you find cutting into a fresh, juicy new thumb of ginger root. however, most of the ginger's toothiness is blunted by creamy yet dry woods, as the vanilla husk and sandalwood surge forward throughout the drydown. vanilla husk is a particular favorite note of mine, and while i don't feel that it's showcased here, it definitely has a presence in the composition of this elegantly balanced blend. i want to say that there is a soothing, tea-like aspect buried down in the core, but "honey ginger tea" makes this seem so much more edible/drinkable than it really is. the white musk is a gauzy overlay that mingles with the sandalwood to make this more perfume than beverage. 

moderate throw that softly wafted around me for most of the day. what i find after many hours is a gently sweet, lightly gingered sandalwood, swaddled in vanillic musk. beautiful! 

Edited by MamaMoth

This one didn't jive with me, and I think that was mainly due to the honey (although wildflower honey is usually a safe honey for me). It was mostly wildflower honey, slightly lemony white tea, and ginger on me at first, but then it became a wildflower honey party on me. There's some sandalwood and ginger in the background by the end of the day, but I'm not getting much vanilla despite it being the first note... that could just be because the floral honey is so strong on me, though.

I'm not sure if the honey itself, the florals within the honey, or the honey and ginger were combining to create a slight funk on me, which is sad, because I was here for a vanilla-infused chamomile tea scent! :( 

Very subdued, charming. Honey, white musk, and florals, in general I am ambivalent about and really find the strength of the notes to be deal breakers. Fear not! This is really quite different from expectations based on notes in description

Mild, elegant, well blended. This also reminds me spiritually of some of the fae scents like Fairy Lovers and Oberon, Titania, etc, but I could be tripping since Pazuru is comparatively not as sweet or floral. Against Mischief and Idleness is a GC favorite of mine; Pazuru is more ethereal and upscale distant cousin.

Gauzy sandalwood, light very mild chamomile mild wildflower honey opening, overall very smooth, sheer, well blended. Androgenous, sexy, expensive smelling upbeat everyday/daytime scent. Low throw. Would be like holy fuck amazing to smell this on someone I was on a date with/getting a hug from. 

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

Unfortunately, the chamomile blossom dominates on me, largely overtaking the other notes. I'm getting the sweetness of the vanilla and honey. In addition, the wildflower nature of the honey adds to the chamomile. The sandalwood, ti leaf, and ginger are also there, adding to the floral nature of the scent, taking it to a more plant, earthy, almost fibrous place. The ginger does also add a bit of a spicy kick. Overall, a slightly spicy, slightly sweet, slightly woodsy floral. I wish the complexity of the scent had come out more on me.

On me it starts out almost aniseed but very quickly dries down to creamy flowers, honey and a very mild hint of spices. This smells very grown up and I'm possibly too much of a chaotic mess to wear it!

this opens creamy yet effervescent. i think i am getting sandalwood, chamomile, ti leaf and honey. it's like a tea with honey and hints of something that sort of reminds me of root beer? then i get vanilla and musk which softens the more effervescent notes a bit. after being on the skin a bit more the chamomile and honey really get strong. i really want to like this one-elements of it are so nice, like the vanilla, it's so pretty in this! but i think the ti leaf and chamomile get amped up on me and are too intense.