Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Failmingo

Importune Me No More

You dainty dame, for that you be so coy,
I will so pluck your plumes as you shall say no more:
Go, go, go, seek some other where, importune me no more.
Queen Elizabeth I

Red roses, red carnation, and grandiflorum jasmine grounded by regal amber and sweet, dark patchouli.

In the bottle, the roses dominate everything, as they tend to do (and rightly so).

Naturally, as soon as it hits the skin the jasmine rises off of it like smoke, as it tends to do (and again, rightly so).

The carnation does its thing spicing up the background, making this bouquet appear even fuller. The amber and patchouli are here to make sure it's not mistaken for a celebratory one -- there's a distinct heaviness, an ache.

Overall the blend is a bold gesture, and definitely a disdainful one, but throbs with irrepressible desire, and I personally found the overall effect quite consoling -- I think that's the amber, breathing gently at the very end.

THIS is the Luper I was most excited about and I'm not certain exactly why. It has TWO great big notes in it that can go terribly wrong on me but I wanted to take a risk because it looked like an interesting, complex blend. I've been wanting to explore Jasmine more lately, the cool beauty of the night. The small blossoms look like stars painted on the ceilings of the tombs of the pharaohs.

Just after application, the jasmine is high-pitched front-and-center. Fortunately, after a few minutes it settles into the rose and becomes a lovely, complex yet soothing note. The rose and carnation swim together and create something almost cherry on me, while the resinous amber and ancient, earthy patch provide an overall regal quality. Waiting for the drydown is worth it. This is certainly a deep, dark and glowing oriental, with a resinous purr and ruby red glow :princess:

Edited by Jenjin

I really love this scent but not until its fully dried down.

Now I love all three of the floral notes: rose, carnation, and jasmine.

But, during the wet phase there is so, so much floral going on that its overwhelming. Its sour, sharp and screeches at me.

It takes awhile for the flowers to calm down. Once they do, the blend is really lovely. Jasmine and spicy carnation are dominant with just a whiff of roses. That sour/sharp aspect has completely disappeared and what's left is a bouquet of heady flowers with some warmth coming up from the amber. So, I'm torn. Love the dry phase but hate the wet phase. I will need to retest before deciding on a bottle.

In the imp: When I opened this fresh from the mail (I couldn't resist peeking!), it was a big ol' hit of sharp, nose-biting, lemony rose. Now that it's had a chance to settle, the jasmine is starting to show itself a bit more, but the rose is still dominant. No amber or patchouli yet.

Wet: The jasmine takes center stage, with some vague, omnidirectional warmth (could be either the amber or the patch, or even both) to complicate it. The rose sneaks back in after just a minute, and for a while ever time I sniff, the rose and jasmine seem to trade places: one the main note, and the other supporting it. I might get just the faintest whiff of amber at this stage, but mostly the flowers are running too rampant for me to pin it down. I hardly get any carnation at all, so little that I actually forgot it was a listed note - just a hint of a spicy kick that I thought was an aspect of the rose.

Dry: A voluptuous, velvet-and-silk scent. The patchouli never does show up, and the rose-carnation blend does a slow, graceful fade until I'm left with a soft, lovely jasmine-amber. I'm pretty sure this is the same jasmine as in Venus Genetrix - they're similarly deep and complex. Even the jasmine fades away after 8 hours or so, leaving me with an almost vanillic amber. <3

I picked up Importune Me No More because it shares notes of patchouli, red rose, jasmine, and amber with past Lupercalia favorite of mine For Each Ecstatic Instant. I love the dark, sensual treatment of the florals there and was hoping for a similar feel here. And Importune Me No More definitely lives up to that expectation.

On me, this is like a bouquet of red rose, red carnation, and jasmine plunged into the golden blur of amber and patchouli. The jasmine here is less heady (or perhaps more seamlessly absorbed by the rose and carnation) than I imagined, and I hope that makes this blend more wearable for those who amp that note. It becomes more incensey the longer I wear it.

An absolutely beautiful dark floral!

In the imp: jasmine but darkened a bit by patchouli. While it doesn't share a ton of notes I thought this might be similar to The Head.

Wet: red rose with a little headiness.

Dry: Rose, patchouli, and amber the forefront, with some jasmine floating around. It's a gorgeous dark floral, and much different from The Head. The rose is more prominent than I expected, as well as the patchouli. This is very dark and regal to me, a queen with a naughty secret.

Red rose, amber, jasmine, and a touch of patchouli. The amber and patchouli darken the red roses, and occasionally I get whiffs of carnation. This one is a dark, regal blend. Like a slap from a red rose. Great throw and wear length.

Lovely incense and floral blend. The lushness of jasmine is quite a bit stronger than the understated carnation, patchouli, and amber notes. It's funny, I can't recall another jasmine/patchouli blend. They are two of my favorite notes and I definitely want more of this! I could swear it also has a drop of cognac...weird. Anyway, love it lots!

Rose, carnation, jasmine, amber, mmm. There's really only one thing that could go wrong here. And tragically, it does. The patchouli stomps all over the flowers, as it did recently with the rose and jasmine in For Each Ecstatic Instant. Maybe it's the same patch. Maybe it's the patchouli floral combination that doesn't work on me. Patchouli and I get along in some spicy blends, like Uruk and Sin, and some fruity blends as well. But here... well, I'd like to be able to smell some rose and carnation, without having to wait for an hour of drydown. Is that really too much to ask?

This is primarily a carnation scent on me, but one made voluptuous and regal by the other underlying florals and resins. If Maiden is one of the three aspects, this is the Mother, rich, fully bodied, and a bit dark. It's beautiful, but really not me. This is one I can appreciate from a distance, but you like scents like Black Rose, Peacock Queen, and Maiden, check this one out.