Thou wert fair in the fearless old fashion,
And thy limbs are as melodies yet,
And move to the music of passion
With lithe and lascivious regret.
What ailed us, O gods, to desert you
For creeds that refuse and restrain?
Come down and redeem us from virtue,
Our Lady of Pain.

Blackberry hops, blackened raspberry gum, purple chypre, and myrrh.

Sniffing from the bottle, I get the raspberry note from Berry Moon '09, but it's muddled and darkened somewhat. When first applied to freshly-washed skin, it's mostly myrrh softened by the purple chypre (I do want to know what makes it purple!). That's a bit off-putting, as much I love myrrh, but as the minutes tick by, the fruity notes bloom and rise to the top. I :wub2: this, and will be pairing it with my precious and lovely Berry Moon '09. Or, I could wear the moon in summer's daytime, and touch it up with this rich bath oil for summer evenings. :)

ETA: I use bath oils as after-shower lotions. My skin is dryish and tends towards the acidic.

ETA2: Why oh why do I get Berry Moon and Fruit Moon mixed up? Review now corrected. :blush:

Oh, wow! This bath oil is amazing. Opening the lid I smell the berries right away. It is a juicy, lucious dark berry blend with beautiful myrrh in the background. This is a huge winner for me!

:wub2:

In bottle: Very, very fruity. The raspberry gum is strongest, but the blackberry hops provide strong support. The myrrh is soft, but adds a solemn sort of elevation to the scent. According to the Internet, Chypre is ancient world perfume from Cyprus and there are multiple formulas. As a result, I’m not sure exactly what’s in it. I’m guessing a touch of citrus and maybe wood, and likely more incense. It’s comparatively soft and is mostly filling out the stronger elements and adding a little complexity.

I'm happy that this is definitely prominently fruity. I love raspberry notes and there are so few of them!

This is darkly purple fruit and berries with a bit of resin and incense. Very purple, not overly sweet. One of my favorites from the OLOP update!

This is like tripping headfirst into a vast pool of fresh blackberries and raspberries. Maybe the pool is surrounded by a small wood full of resinous trees, but mostly it's just a gorgeous fruity pool.

It doesn't say on my skin for very long after the bath, which is a shame, but my bathroom still smells divine. I wish I'd bought a second bottle while I had the spare cash.

This is as described, a fruity blackberry scent. It's sweet and pleasant, but not as memorable as most of my other bath oils. However, it layers very nicely with the imp of Glasgow I recently received as a frimp from the lab. My decant was enough- I'll use it, but I prefer my beloved Anthesteria for my fruity bath oil.

Blackberry and myrrh. This smells fruity and tasty. I like how the myrrh calms some of the berry sweetness, and prevents it from turning it into a sugary/candy blend, which ultimately was my problem with Fruitbat Fruitbath.

Blackberry, resins, touch of sweetness. Lovely.

Yum. This smells like sweet, raspberry scented gummi candy to me, with a slight smoky undertone that I think is the myrrh. Mostly it is sweet berries, fun and candied.

I adore the combo of blackberry and Myrrh, so couldn't resist picking this up off Etsy.

This is dark, fruity, tangy - almost zingy. The chypre and Myrrh give it some depth. I like it quite a bit, but not the blackberry/Myrrh scent I had hoped for. Glad I tried it, but if I find I am not reaching for it much, it may need to be rehomed.