Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

An Aroused Prostitute From Maruyama Yukatu and a Merchant From Qing

This smells like a Bath & Body Works candle - not a generic statement, there is a very specific scent this reminds me of and I cannot for the life of me think of what it is, but it's probably a Halloween scent, because I am totally parsing this as pumpkin rather than peach, and I have no idea why. It's loud and spicy, no cream to speak of, doesn't have a lot of depth to it - at least not so far.

This is so weird.

First applied, I'm getting nuts. It's nut meat. Then it's toasted. Maybe toasted rice? Because soon after, there is a milky creaminess that reminds me of rice milk.

It stays that on that track for quite a while.  A creamy,  yet toasted, rice milk. It's not sweet at all, just creamy.

I do not get any peach and if there is amber, it's there just to support.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, saralaughs said:

This is so weird.

First applied, I'm getting nuts. It's nut meat. Then it's toasted. Maybe toasted rice? Because soon after, there is a milky creaminess that reminds me of rice milk.

It stays that on that track for quite a while.  A creamy,  yet toasted, rice milk. It's not sweet at all, just creamy.

I do not get any peach and if there is amber, it's there just to support.

this exactly.  almond-nutty toasty rice milk.   it makes me wonder if there was a mispour situation.  how bizarre! 

Reviewing based on a decant. Tested several days after receipt to allow the scents to "sit" for a bit. 

In the decant: sweet cream.

Wet on my skin: I'm getting a sweet, pleasantly buttery cream. If there is amber it's very light. I don't get any peach, much to my chagrin.

Dry:  The lightest hint of cream. As I said, it's not a heavy cream, it's light and milky. 

Throw-wear length: It lasted about an hour on me and faded quickly. Hardly any throw. 

Upgrade to a bottle? I'm not sure. On one hand, I really enjoy this type of cream scent without honey backing it like Hymn of St Brigid; on the other hand, I'm not sure if I really want to smell lightly buttery. I was hoping for a creamy peachy scent with amber for depth and instead, it's all cream all the time. Perhaps with aging, it would be different but who knows? I will have to think about it. 

Testing this 2nd time around. It's quite the journey. The first time around i got really dense peach cream and the peach was slowly going into canned peach syrup territory. Later on it morphs into fresh out of the oven peach pie or cobbler with emphasis on the pastry/crust which oozes delicious sweet creamy peaches. In the end I'm left with the decadent creamy warm pastry.

The 2nd time around it dawned on me that it gave me strong Tamora vibes, except Tamora is more slender, while this Shunga blend is a more beefed up creamier (with the emphasis on the sweet cream) unapologetically diet-killer version of Tamora.

I don't like the variety of amber in this.  It smells very powdery, dry, and sort of like cheap white musk, all sharp and hazy.  I don't really like the peach note either, which smells like an unripe, fuzzy peach skin, where I wish it were more syrupy sweet and juicy.  The sweet cream doesn't really seem to exist much at all on my skin for the first hour or so and then comes in as a sour baby spitup type of milkiness (and I usually get on great with milk notes and don't understand what people mean by them going soured).  The overall effect reminds me of a scratchy sweater with milky baby spitup on it.