Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Blueberry, Tobacco, and Pink Pepper

I wasn't sure what to expect with the three listed notes, but I like blueberry and tobacco so I had to try it. The blueberry is sweet and jammy, more like blueberry preserves than a fresh blueberry. During the wet stage, the pink pepper flares up like I struck a match against my wrist. The tobacco lends it a smoky impression at first, and then the pepper kicks up the heat. I'd describe it as blueberry jam on fire.

I'm interested to see how this changes over time. It's a unique combo and I like it!

Disclaimer: I just got this today so my impression of it may change.

Update: Over one year later, this has aged really nicely. The tobacco isn't really smoky to me anymore. Now it's so rich and chewy and juicy that it reads more like brown sugar syrup than tobacco. The blueberries smell exactly how blueberry pie filling tastes. The pink pepper smells pretty spicy at this point and I swear it burns my nose a bit when this perfume is wet on the skin. This perfume makes me want to try a blueberry cayenne pie.

Edited by dancingchair

I love both blueberry and tobacco, so I didn't hesitate to order 2 bottles of this one!  My order arrived on Monday and I couldn't wait, so I tried it straight away without any rest.  My initial test was very similar to @dancingchair, the blueberry is front and center in the bottle. Wet on the skin, the most prominent note is the blueberry, and it is somewhat sweet.  I could detect the tobacco in the background, but the pepper stepped in and was quite strong for a few seconds...almost to the point of nose burning  As it started to dry down, the pepper took a step back, and I got equal part of blueberry and tobacco. It seemed a bit jumbled up and at one point I detected something almost floral, so I washed it off and decided to give it a bit of rest.

Another test after 5 days of rest, and what a difference!  In the bottle, all blueberry as before.  Wet on the skin, sweet blueberry with tobacco grounding it so it isn't overly sweet.  A very nice balance. I can't say I really detect much pepper this time, but as it dries there is a smokey undertone.  Now this is what I was hoping for!

I was worried at first, but now that its had time to settle, I am really loving this :)  Looking forward to seeing what a bit of aging does!

My word.

This is utterly lovely. 

First applied, bright blueberry jumps up and throws big. Almost immediately, is nestles into this sweet blueberry jam. It's smells sugary and thick. 

The pepper is zingy and if sniffed close, with an almost sweet clove/cinnamon characteristic. The throw isn't as pungent and adds an almost bubblegum feel to the blueberry (still jammy).

After a few minutes, the strength of the pepper calms and melds with a chewy tobacco adding depth to the ever present jammy blueberry.

The three play really well together all the way into drydown and this ends up as a gourmand tobacco featuring a bit of blueberry jam.

This is gonna age gloriously.

This is mostly blueberry (I agree that it doesn't smell like a fresh one) and pink pepper on me, and the pink pepper is the sweet, slightly bubblegum-y variety, and not one that gives this scent a kick. I only get the barest trace of tobacco beneath those notes, and by the end of the day, it's more pink pepper than blueberry on me.

The blueberry and slightly bubblegum-y pink pepper combo are too sweet for me, but it's worth a shot if you're looking for a sweet blueberry scent.

Ooh, this is nice! I was hesitant about the tobacco but I love blueberry and pink pepper, and the reviews sounded so good - and this is really, really good!

It is mostly blueberry - a jammy, cooked, sweet blueberry. Under that, there's a sharp sweet bright pepper note, very playful. The tobacco is there at the back, making it all warmer and a little smoky - not like bonfires, but like pipe tobacco, warm and glowing and rich. I don't think I've got anything else quite like it, and I like it!

Sweet, gooey blueberry, like blueberry pie filling, with pink pepper doing its usual odd thing on me (pink bubblegum and a hint of cinnamon).  The pink pepper fades away over time and I can start to smell hints of the tobacco, dark and sweetly earthy and slightly smoky.  It kind of reminds me of a blueberry jam tea that I own that's made with dried blueberries and black tea.