Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

They All Came to Grief in a Beautiful Row

The mint and fruit on this one are not getting along well on me. Going to let it rest for a bit then retest.

They All Came to Grief in a Beautiful Row is a frigid citrus mint with fruit sweeting the deal.  I cannot help but think that the components work better in cold weather.  Blended as Yule time scent it would be meant for colder weather. right?  Well, when it first arrived our weather was 80 degrees I could smell the different notes breaking apart, morphing.  Then the weather dipped below 55 degrees and I found the peach, mandarin and red currant riding harmoniously within the intense mint. The scent is now staying consistent from application to dry down.  

I've had it on each day since it arrived!  Very bright, it's vibrating fast and making me feel very positive!  I am keen to use this up quickly, something gives me the feeling it may be best within its first year. 

Edited by Fiam

I really loved Meigetsu Ya (red mandarin + frost) and I was hoping this would be similar!

It both is and isn't, I think? They All Came to Grief starts out MUCH heavier on the minty, icy, slush, and for quite a while I don't get any fruit at all, just that zingy nose-tingling mint. (Which I like, mind you, but that's just...all there is, for a while!) And then...slowly...after watching an episode of a tv show and making a drink, so, like at least an hour...there's some chilly fruit. If Meigetsu Ya was chilled sweetened orange juice slushie, this is...I'd say less sweet and more orange-red slushie, probably the effect of the red currant? It's definitely still more mint and more...sharp, I think, than Meigetsu Ya, but along the same lines.

It ends up as a very bright energizing sort of scent - mint and orange-red fruits both being loud together, like you've got up and brushed your teeth and had a good breakfast, with orange juice and fruit, on a brisk chilly icy morning, and now you're ready to Accomplish Things.

I'm wearing this today, and I'm really enjoying the combination of mint and fruit on my skin. The mint is definitely the predominant note in that I would categorize this as a mint scent rather than a fruit scent, but the fruit is not quiet on me either. There's a sweet tartness from all three of the fruit notes that really makes the scent more well rounded other than just the mint element. All of the scents in here are very fresh to me as well, almost like stepping on mint in the snow and cutting fruits right after. I find the three fruit notes to be fairly balanced, and they're working well together, none of them getting too sweet or too sour.

I would agree that this is an energizing scent and that it is a cold weather scent. The ice/snow/frost elements of the scent would definitely read strangely to me in the heat.

Bit of a morpher on me. Starts off and stays very minty for a while. And it's a sweet mint, with citrus underneath. I mostly get the mandarin, but I can tell there's other fruits in the mix. Over time, the mint gives way to the citrus more and more, but the sweetness of the mint (and the mandarin I suspect) remains. It reminds me more of a slushy, in terms of being a more cold sweetness, without being icy. Throughout the wear, on me, it remains more of a mint/cold scent, than a citrus scent.