Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Cranberry, Honeyed Sandalwood, and Patchouli Root

this is primarily cranberry and honey to me.  the cranberry is tart and fruity, and the honey is ever-so slightly musky.  i can tell there's more down in there giving it depth, but i'd never identify it as either sandalwood or patchouli. 

i like it, and i'm eager to try some of the other cranberry bog scents now, because that tart cranberry could bring something really special to the right blend.  but i am a bit disappointed by the light touch of patch and sandalwood in this one. 

What an unusual scent. The tart bite of crisp, cold cranberries mixed with a dark, forest honey. Even though there are no common ingredients, it reminds me strongly of Frozen Chypre HG from 2017 & gives me the same nostalgic imagery of Christmas Eve.

Hubba hubba. Was not expecting to be knocked over by this one, but I love this honey so much! If Strawberry Sandalwood from the Purge had been honeyed sandalwood like this? WHEW. I must admit I sampled this because I love patchouli and I was curious. It's not reading like a patch scent but I don't care! Maybe I'm a cranberry person now?

On wet it's very much the tart cranberry and golden honey show, underscored by sandalwood, which is absolutely gorgeous. This phase fades fairly quickly on exposed skin, but if you wear some under your clothes it lingers. The drydown gives way to a less fruity/more subtle honeyed sandalwood and patchouli vibe. I rarely use my scent locket, but I might have to locket this one because I would live inside the cranberry honey combo if I could!

A gnome and a hare picnic in the forest and share a small pot of sour, tart, aromatic cranberry tea lively with woodland nuances, along with a napkin-knotted plate of rich, brown, sugared-sprinkled honey cake. A bear on a scavenger hunt interrupts. A tense moment. A frog belches on a nearby log. The hare’s whiskers quiver with of mixture of fear and giggles and a sweet dusting of crumbs, and soon, the trio is laughing companionably together as new friends.

I get a ton, a metric ton of sandalwood. And a whiff of cranberry. But yeah, this is basically a sandalwood blend on me. Medium throw and wear length.

This was the surprise standout of this year's Yules, for me. I mean, not surprising in that I love all these notes, but in that it's the one I keep reaching for because the sum of the parts is greater than the (something something math-adjacent metaphor). The cranberry is shouty up front, but somehow magically this is not a foodie scent. It's sexy, because sandalwood/patch/honey can't help it. It's Rizzo, from Grease - sexy and tart but sweet on the inside. Wear this when you want to flaunt your opinions all over the place while simultaneously attracting more flies with honey than with cranberries.

Wet: cranberry and honey

Semi-dry: honey and sandalwood

Dry: honey, sandalwood, and patchouli

This is the first entry from the cranberry bog that came out as cranberry on my skin.  Like the other entries, it doesn't last for very long.  Ultimately, the tart fruit note blows through and leaves behind the sandalwood balancing out the sweet of the honey and the patchouli scents.  

#reviewathon2023

The cranberry note here surprised me. I was expecting Ocean Spray juice or Craisins— in other words, highly sweetened, almost candied cranberry. Which is why I only ordered one cranberry bog decant. Like actual cranberries, however, CHS&PR is not at all sweet. The cranberry is earthy and tart and dominates the opening. After a while I get the sandalwood too, also not appreciably sweetened by the honey. Like a sprinkling of honey dust. Very little patch on me at this point, but I’ll keep this decant because the cranberry-sandalwood combination is like nothing else I own and is really appealing.