Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Cranberries, Strawberries, and Sweet Cream

So, fair warning, this showed up at my door today, and I have no patience.  When wet this reminds me a bit of Rose Red, but with the rose swapped out for red berries.  I suppose the cranberry is giving the greenness that I associate with Rose Red.  The strawberry is jammy and sugared, intoxicating and short lived.  As it dries down it's mostly cream with a backdrop of faded cranberry.  All in all, it's nice, well blended, and slightly more sophisticated than I was anticipating.  I look forward to trying it again once it's settled in.  

this smells like a soap you would buy from someone at like a saturday market that makes soaps and they’re like really big bars of soap that you want to eat / smell edible but it still has that soapy smell, you know? it’s not nearly as sweet as i normally go for but i really like it and am glad i got a bottle! 

Oh, this is nice - and more complex than I expected!

I do absolutely agree with wanting to eat this, except that there is something sophisticated about it that reminds me not to do that! It's not as sweet as I expected - it is still on the sweeter side, but not overwhelmingly so. Very berry-forward, lots of red fruits. I think some tartness from the cranberries is tempering the sweetness.

Wet on skin, it also does feel like growing cranberries somehow - like the cranberry bog? Maybe there's some sort of hidden aquatic note that, as previous reviewers have mentioned, might show up as a little touch of greenness/soapiness? I don't get soapiness, but I could see there being a little tiny tiny touch of green/wetness. The cream is definitely present - it's not a buttercream, but a warm creamy note, more like a....sweet milk? Not sugary, but naturally sweet.

As it dries it's melding together into a swirl of red - definitely red - berries and cream, nicely blended together.

If you like the Lab's cream note, and if the idea of red fruits and cream appeals to you, then you should probably grab this!

Sweet berry scent. This is more of a strawberry and cranberry duo on me. The sweet cream does make the scent sweeter, but I cannot pick it out at all on me. And I would describe the scent as being noticeably more strawberry than cranberry. Overall, very berry, very fresh, with just a dash of extra sweetness.

Really lovely strawberries and cream perfume with just a touch of bright sour cranberry. The strawberry is definitely more noticeable and the cranberry just accentuates the natural tartness of strawberry really nicely. It’s a nice foodie blend without being overly sweet. I’m not getting any soapiness or anything weird. I love fresas con crema and that is what this reminds me of.

Sweet strawberries and cream. Cranberry is MIA. But if you want a strawberry/cream blend, this is it folks. Medium throw and wear length.

I got a whiff of cranberry immediately after application.  It didn't stick around to cut my skin amping the sweet from the strawberry and cream.

If you like sugary or gourmand, this is your jam.  On me, it throws like Beaver Moon 2007: weaponized aerosolized diabetes for anyone within 6 feet.

#reviewathon2023