Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pomegranate, Freesia, White Tea, and White Amber

This might be my first first?

This just arrived today so I fully expect it to settle down and shift a bit over time. That said, I was expecting/hoping this would be the All Freesia, All The Time Show Featuring Guest Artist Pomegranate. It's not quite that. The freesia blends seamlessly into the amber, interestingly. So I got wet pomegranate tea, followed by sweet and sour amber (which was a little weird, but short-lived), followed by sweettart-floralamber, if sweet tarts tasted like pomegranate and the amber had sweet spring bulbs planted in it. I think I like it. I don't think a casual passerby would be able to name any of the notes - it's well blended and not everyone had freesias in the kitchen window box growing up. Easy to wear, with a tendency to keep going back to huff my wrist.

I got two of the Persephones bounty scents and I really like them both and find they are different enough to warrant bottles of both.

Pomegranate, freesia and white tea and amber on me starts out with the pomegranate and white amber. The amber definitely makes this a richer scent and more autumnal than I expected. I have times when I can smell the freesia over the other two notes and it is a like a cool, breeze of freesias over top of the sweet pomegranate and amber. The tea is very subtle on me. I can detect it most strongly at the begining then it fades behind the other notes. Even though I thought that this would be more spring like it is quite autumnal and festive with the pomegranate and amber. The freesia to me adds a cool, soft floral element but is not in anyway high pitched and blends in quite beautifully with the other notes. 

Edited by becca_s

A dry, plant leaning floral scent with pomegranate. I'm getting the dry note of the white tea the most, followed by the freesia mixing with the pomegranate to be a more floral than fruity musk. The white tea and the freesia makes this scent overall plant like, not vegetal, but not the heady floral one might expect. Overall, I'd consider this a white tea scent more than anything else.

In the bottle -  dark fruit (pomegranate), slight floral. smells like a shop with candles and herbs (though not really a witchy shop - more like a health food store). Tea and amber... all the elements are well represented and blended.

Wet  It's even a little chocolately. The amber is very pronounced. Resiny. I catch a light, subtle floral. The tannins from the tea are there too. No pomegranate. Yeah it's mostly resin and tea.

Dry The pomegranate comes back out on dry-down, but blends with the amber to make a sort of pomegranate incense. No hint of the freesia, but the tea is absolutely there too. Very pleasant and subtle smell.

I think fans of the Seven Word Story: Lust would like this.

White tea tends to be sharp and lemony on me, but it has more of a dry leaf feel here and not as much lemony tones, freesia is usually sharp and air freshener-y to my nose, but I don't really get the floral aspect in this blend, the pomegranate is tart and sweet, and the white amber goes powdery, especially in the drydown.  It turns into a sort of tart, pom fruity, powdery amber incense that sits close to the skin.