Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cloudstruck white musk, orris root, white bergamot, magnolia petals, fir needle, and juniper mist.

Magnolia, white musk and that juniper mist! Whoa. Very ephemeral. Very light, too. This was the one I was most looking forward to and I can't wait to see how it ages. BPALs seem to come into their own after about a year and I am looking forward to wearing this one in late spring, as that is where my nose is telling me it belongs. 

mmmmm, misty magnolia. The white musk is well behaved, the orris isn't powdery, the juniper is fresh and not ginny or soapy.

Magnolia and orris root.The white musk is there, in the background, but I cannot smell pine, juniper, or bergamot on me. A light, floral scent, without being airy. And the orris root gives it almost a buttery quality to it. I'm reminded of big, blooming magnolia blossoms. I'd describe this as a duo of magnolia and orris root, with other notes in the indiscernible background. 

i was super intrigued by the notes in this and was very excited to see how it plays out. the evergreen notes mesh very well with the magnolia/orris combo. they are more present when freshly applied, giving the scent more of a cool almost unisex vibe. as it dries those notes burn off and the florals are much more present. the powderiness of the orris and the white-green creamy floral vibe from the magnolia temper each other very beautifully. neither go too baby powder or soapy but just stay a very light white floral fragrance. i don't get much noticeable bergamot, if i had to guess i would say it probably contributed more to the cooler opening phases, rounding out the fir/juniper notes 

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

This is one of those blends where all the notes just mesh together incredibly well. My first impression is evergreen notes and creamy magnolia. On application, the bergamot and white musk amp up a bit more, brightening the scent and amplifying the creaminess of the magnolia. I can pick out the orris, but it's not noticeably powdery; rather, it just softens the edges of all the other notes. This almost reads vintage floral perfume to me thanks to the magnolia and orris, but the evergreen notes and white musk take it into a cooler, airier territory.

This is one of those perfumes that is, to me, indescribable from a notes perspective. This does feel like the night sky. It smells like being outside, somewhere verdant, not necessarily woodsy because I'm not getting distinct tree smells, but overall greenery in the humidity of nighttime. The airy water notes read "aquatic" to me, but without morphing into that awful axe smell that aquatic notes become on my skin. I suspect that orris, as my recently discovered magic ingredient, is keeping things in order even if I don't smell it outright. This is very beautiful and evocative and I remain forever impressed that perfume can smell like a picture.