Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black oud, bay leaf, olibanum, rose smoke, cassis, green cardamom, clove bud, and black sandalwood.

this is not my type of scent at all but my friend got it in our group order and I wanted to try it. in the bottle it's dry and green. on the skin, bay leaf is the strongest note and something about it makes me think of "Faint Scent of Blood Between Her Lips" but i don't think they share notes. this is more on the masc side of unisec but it's a really interesting scent. I definitely think this will need some aging to really shine but it smelled niced the longer it stayed on my skin. this is a fresh, medicinal/apothecary type of scent.

Edited by broccoliwitch

This is quintessential banger BPAL to me. It’s a green, spicy, incensy high of a scent. Can definitely smell the bay leaf up front- gorgeous. It’s got a little bit of a bite paired with the cassis and clove. The black sandalwood gives it the witchy store vibe. I think the rose is contributing, but barely. This is such a beautiful scent because I feel like all the notes are equally present. This is gorgeous. Definitely getting another bottle of this. It’s like a smokey green jewel, but not sappy green, dark velvety green.

Edited by Bassmastadroog
ETA: UNF that rose smoke! This scent is seriously one of my favorites in a LONG time. That rose smoke makes it more otherworldly and magical. Damn.

This is such a delightful scent, and while a little out of my comfort zone when I initially picked it, I'm so glad that I went for it!

The cassis and cardamom are the stars on my skin. It's a warm, resinous, woody, spicy scent, and I can definitely tell that the clove is in there too. The waft of rose smoke really adds a layer of depth to the scent as well. This is not a juicy or bright cassis note, but instead one that smells more like a spiced jam or cider. It's deep and rich and still somewhat sweet, but definitely not too sweet.

The bay is definitely present too, adding a layer of herbaceous greenness that helps keep the scent out of too dark and smoky for me to enjoy.

This isn't an every day sort of scent for me, but when I want something resinous and woody, it's definitely one of the first things I reach for.

Spicy. Definitely getting the cardamom and clovey notes to start. With a nice, grounding backdrop of oud. The oud is more prominent as the scent dries down. This is a deep, spicy, warm perfume with hints of sweetness.

"Spicy... trees?" - My partner

That's a good intro. The spices are nicely blended, the rose is scarce, and the bay leaf and presumably the olibanum add a touch of greeness that distinguishes this from the more straightforward spiced wood blends in my collection. Real green man/mysterious apothecary vibes. There's something in the 5-40 minute middle stage I don't love, but I can't really describe what in any meaningful way. The oud seems to be behaving well; I don't get any sign of indoles. Throw is pretty chill, longevity most of the day.