Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wave-smoothed stone, indigo waters, a cascade of amber, salt-damp linen, crushed pearls, and rose water.

This is a smooth, salt and rose-touched stone-y aquatic on me. It really does have a watery feel to it, and although I am not able to pinpoint what comprises of it, I get the indigo vibe as well. The amber is more noticeable after the scent has been dry for hours, and while I get more salt than linen, the linen does give it a clean feel. I don't know if the smoothness is the result of the water note, the pearl note, or both, but if you don't mind salt or rose and are looking for a mineral-y aquatic, this might be up your alley.

I enjoy the smoothness of this aquatic, but wish I got a little less salt.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Soothing, frothy waves wash up on my skin --- that's how this one smells on me. I'm seated on gray stones long washed smooth by the timeless flowing tides, and the water washes up and down against the rocks, against me, limning us both in salt and pearlescent froth and mineral seawater.

In drydown, I find a lovely, breathy vanilla, which is where the pearlescent quality seems to arise from. There might be a whiff of white rose in it, also; at least, I'm not finding other rose. This pearly vanilla is beautiful, and luring me in like a Siren. (Also a Girl at the Beach...)

The linen and general airiness of the scent leave it clean, and the balance of notes is thoughtful and delicate. The salt remains present throughout, though it never overwhelms --- partly because I'm attending more to this pearl note.

Aquatics aren't a common purchase or reach for me, but this may be the prettiest one I've sampled in a while. I'm likely to bring in a bottle if I can afford it.

First skin test - heavy ozone type note and not much else. Crisp, sharp, high pitched.

Second skin test - let rest a couple days. Shook a bit and tested on inner elbow. Ozone much better now. More nuanced aquatic, softer, clean scent. Vaguely fruity/minerally. I'm not getting much rose. It reminds me of Abalone Vulva a little bit. 

The final drydown reminds me of some of the sexy, gender neutral to masculine blends the Lab does. Very nice!

There's a little bit of salty aquatic and mineralic notes here (in the vein of Hagstone, The Blue Door, and A Summer Night), but the linen and rosewater are the most prominent notes on me. While I can get the salt notes, this is more of a somewhat high-pitched linen and floral scent than an aquatic on my skin. It's not unpleasant or full-on dryer sheets, but I think I prefer A Summer Night for a linen/aquatic blend that puts more emphasis on the aquatic.

Edited by puellacaerulea