Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dragon’s Blood, Honey, and Copal

Ooh this smells magical! A beautifully balanced blend of honey sweetened resins. The dragon's blood is much more pronounced in the bottle than on my skin, where I get a pleasant amount of copal. Smells like good vibes and sunbeams - gonna rotate this with the Coffee and Copal blend for those times when I want a scent to help me calm down, take a deep breath, and look on the bright side. 

"Heavy honey" is my first thought on applying this one. Then the dragon's blood resolves out of some of that weight or gravitas, and with him comes a cloud of not smoke, but musk. Lots of musk. Here there be dragons who breathe musk.

Copal joins the party, too, hanging back a bit against the wall, but just with a "Hey," now and then. He always has a sacred feel, and is quiet in his connection to the universe... but also darkly wood-grainy and badass.

This one is not for me, but it is interesting: a heavy and sweet honey coating a musk-breathing, red-resinous dragon, and his badass but sacred wooden rider.

Dragon’s Blood, Honey, and Copal - Three of my favorite notes and they suit each other so perfectly. The syrupy golden honey amplifies the sweetness of the dragon’s blood and copal, while at they same time they retain their resinous sharpness and spiciness. Immediate bottle order! Could not love it more!

I love Beth's dragon's blood, but honey is iffy on me. I don't think I have any bpals with copal, though, so when offered a partial bottle in a swap, I was game!

The dragon's blood is the opener, in the bottle and on my skin. Then the honey shows up to play! This is a thick sweet honey note and it mixes well with the dragon's blood! Hooray! After a while, the two mellow out and I detect a sweet bright muskiness that must be coming from the copal. What a lovely trio! This something I will wear when I need a scent that is "me" but not overwhelming to those around me. It's a lovely sweet resinous scent - perfect for a bright sunny autumn to winter day!