Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Asian pear, King mandarin, incense smoke, red benzoin, poppy tar, and calligraphy ink. 

The Luper 2022 pear note seems to be a fizzy one, because both this and The Terrible Door have a fizzy champagne/pear soda quality. This is not a bad thing, just something to know if you go to look up either of those blends and are drawn to the pear. It's a fizzy, sweet, carbonated pear, make no mistake!

The mandarin comes out in a smoky, peppery, incensey haze an hour or so later. It is kind of sexy. A surprising appearance after the opening pear soda. The mandarin citrus doesn't dominate, just spikes the deeper notes of smoke and opium and an ink dye that is berry-based. I do enjoy this stage a whole lot. A sophisticated, opium-smoking, definitely red-light kind of scent. It's light and skin-hugging, but it's there. I do hope it grows more with aging.

I will keep an eye on this decant for future developments. The latter stage is the one I'm really interested in. If champagne notes are not your jam, I think the deeper mid and base notes will prevail, for what it's worth.

It took all my will not to scrub off Masked Vulvas as soon as I applied it. Mandarin and pear combined to form that awful industrial faux-citrus deodorizer. Urinal cake, in other words. I know pear can go fake on me, but this was ridiculous. I went for a walk, still not good. Then I went to my desk to prep for and give a lecture, and when I was done, roughly four and a half hours after application, it has devolved into a barely-there light fruity incense. I’ll be passing this one on. 

agreed with the awful industrial faux-citrus deodorizer above!! Pear normally works well with my skin so this is a real puzzle. I loved the fizzy pear in Spring Whispers. I don't really get any of the other notes. I'll be giving this decant a rest and coming back in a few months with fingers crossed 

Fizzy citrus of the mandarin variety.  I’m not sure why some bpal blends do this, but they go dusty on me.  This one ends up to be orange dust.  Luckily it fades fast.

This is definitely a skin scent; I feel like I applied it quite liberally, but it’s still a little difficult to detect and pick out individual notes. It’s very well blended and quite lovely.  On my skin, I mostly get the mandarin, the pear is behaving and perhaps reinforcing the fruitiness of the scent - and a general “creaminess” - almost a sophisticated orange creamsicle scent.  After it soaks into my skin, the candy fruitiness of the orange merges with a slightly spicy pear note and the prettiest wisp of smoky incense is unearthed.  I would call this a fruity incense smoke blend.  I’m not a huge citrus fan, but I would wear this just for the incense-smoky stage - that part is superb. :blush2:  

It’s definitely worth testing this later - you know how sneaky these vulvas are - they only get better with age if I do say so myself, hehe.

Edited by pinkgyrl