Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pink Peach Blossoms and White Plum Flowers Hair Gloss

kind of sweet tarty,

fruity floral. i really like it. it’s youthful and sweet. a sliiiight synthetic touch to it,  but it can be ignored. i don’t get much cognac or rose 

I was rather hoping those bonus notes - rose musk, cognac, white amber - would help offset the peach blossoms a bit. Not yet! This is currently a PEEEEACH  floral hair gloss, in fact it smells to me like a honey-sweetened peach and red currant tea, with a brush of the red (sour) plum from 2021, just more muted. Rose is, for once in her life, shy, ignored in favor of the sweetness of fruity florals. White amber is naturally going to be a shy note around such superstars. But ah, my beloved cognac. Where are you? That most sophisticated, old-fashioned of boozes, we could use your lacy presence here!

I'm thinking I will let my bottle gel and age for a year and see what emerges then. If it is still a peach fest, I will probably let it go, but I could see it developing into something more complex!

Very fruity floral white peach tea is what I get upon first sniff, and that impression doesn't go away when it's been on my hair. It teeters between fresh and sometimes sickly-sweet. I've already got Peach Tea, Lychee, and White Musk, so I think I'll keep my decant, but I won't look for a bottle. 

Delicate blossoms, with a hint of fruit (from the cognac?) The white amber is subtle & a little dry. All the notes are in my wheelhouse, but the blend fits Teadaughter better, so the decant has become hers.

I was in the mood for a spring hair gloss, and I thought I would like this based on the notes, but somehow the fruity floral combination goes screechy on me. I love the Lab's peach and plum notes, but their respective blossoms just don't work out the same way. I'm disappointed, but very glad that I tried with a decant. 

Origin: decant bought on the Forum

Initial Thoughts: I like peach and plum and the corresponding blossoms. I like white amber. Rose tends to behave on my hair better than on my skin. Worth a try.

In the Bottle: Light florals and something that is very sour. The cognac?

On Wet Hair: The sour shifts to more tangy, less acrid, so that helps.

After Blowdrying: Light and fresh and floral, with the musk or amber hanging around.

Verdict: It's pretty and I think it's less heavy than any of my other current floral scents. Definitely keeping the decant and I have a couple of days to decide whether to order a bottle.

This has lost some of its nuance over the years (no more florals) but I still enjoy it, it is a peach starburst candy explosion with a hint at something aldehydic and bright... not overpowering like champagne but perhaps the lighter fizz of 7-Up. 

This HG's profile is basic enough to pair well with most fruity scents, a great option to have in your HG arsenal.