Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Honey & Neroli Hair Gloss

I only got honey out of this when I sprayed it 7 hours ago but I was stopped and asked what was in my hair.  To them, it was kind of apricot-y or peach-y but not the spicy/peachy of the Peach Brandy Snake Oil I was wearing.

If people are huffing me, I assume it's good.

Peachy honey. The throw on this is monstrous on my hair. If you wanted honey with a slight peach/apricot vibe, look no further.

as the other reviewers have said, this does smell kind of peachy. maybe because the sweetness of the honey overwhelms the neroli? i'm not sure. i was really excited to try this but honestly i wanted more neroli...i am trying to find a scent like that trader joe's hand soap that is honey/orange blossom and thought this might be it. it's not bad, but is sweeter than i anticipated. 

I do smell the neroli quite a bit for the first hour or so, but after that I agree that it's mostly honey...for a while anyway. Because okay, hear me out, about 3 hours in this smells really tropical on my hair?? It reminds me a lot of the Coconut, Vanilla Bean and Tiare HG, but without the suntan lotion/beach oil quality. It's quite lovely actually! If I stick my braid inside my nostrils and huff, I can smell the honey AND the neroli, but for some reason the overall effect is just... tropical. I'm engulfed in a cloud of 'sitting on the beach watching the sunset with a coconut cocktail in hand and there are tropical flowers nearby'. I'm not mad about it. It doesn't actually smell like coconut but it's a vibe, okay? I don't know how else to explain it.

I don't smell any peach or apricot, but I think we've established in this review I might not be the most reliable reviewer. I'm the beach vibes lady. I was also hoping for more neroli, which is one of my favorite notes, but I really love this. I have a large sample size of this one so I don't think I'll need to upgrade to a bottle, but I'm glad I have a good amount of it! 

Really rich musky honey and a slightly bitter but very orange-y neroli. I can see how it comes off as apricot or peachy.