Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Holiday Survival Juice

No, it’s not hooch and no, you don’t drink it! This is a calming, joy-affirming blend containing – among other things – hops, lavender, rose geranium, Roman chamomile, and sweet orange. Utilize it to help fortify and lighten your spirits, ease your heart, and diffuse tension and stress.

This smells like the most wonderful freshly peeled orange. :wub2:  I had the Lab's Sweet Orange SN at one point, but this is even better than that! It's very uplifting and effective at stress relief (I applied it a few days in a row while I was baking way too many cookies, and sniffing this calmed me down).

I thought this might be kind of like The Season of Ghosts as this also features orange and rose geranium, but this is more about the orange than the herbal notes, and dare I say, BACK-UP WORTHY.

It starts out massively herbal lavender with a nearly camphoric note on deep inhale that's probably the chamomile. The rose geranium lays low (which is good because it can dominate blends a little too much), and the orange peeks out from under everything - but slowly gets stronger and stronger until it shines out over the lavender. Sweet and lovely.

Scent-wise, this is very much a sweet orange scent backed with lots of herbaceous notes. The lavender and rose geranium are more herbaceous than sweet, just a little camphor-y, but don't veer into medicinal-smelling territory. Intention-wise, slathered it through several days of holidays that were heavy on the family drama, and I like to think the uplifting nature of this blend helped with powering through it all.

A bright, cheerful herbal/citrus blend. The lavender and chamomile are sweet and soothing, balanced by the orange which adds an invigorating, happy vibe. It is indeed both calming and joyful as the description states. I was really needing to slather it on the past few weeks and it did help.

My partial is getting a workout this week. The sweet orange is a mood lifter for me. I feel supported & calmed wearing this in a scent locket or dabbed on my face mask. Total win, & now I wish I'd sprung for a full bottle.