Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

PSL: Pumpkin Snake Latte

in the bottle it makes me think of chocolate coffee not pumpkin spice. it also reminds me of candy like old root beer barrels or old hard caramels.

wet is more of the same with a little vanilla. my partner said “it’s what headshops should smell like” (high compliment from them). still not getting “pumpkin spice” per say but gourds and spice? I had never smelled og snake oil before this but this was what I imagined “vegetal”  smells like, the gourd/root veggie/earth smell. (I'm into it… maybe i do want to smell like dirt?)

dry there’s more vanilla and spices (but not spicy, ya know? its a cool spice). I can't quite tell if the vanilla is creamy or powdery but I can’t complain either way. oh and the coffee comes back in the background. yum!

I bought this from a forumite to be my fall scent so I'm excited for this to sit around for a few months although I did find myself wearing it over the summer. it just smells better as time goes on and there's actually some good throw from a tiny dab from the cap (god bless). I've never smelled boomslang but I definitely could see why people would say these are similar based on the notes.

ultimately, it also makes me nostalgic for something I can’t quite place (is it chocolate scented markers, root beer lip smakers, tootsie rolls, fake chocolate baby doll smell??) its subtle but interesting and I imagine a lot of future layering potential, a big plus for me. blind buying wins again.

I didn't used to be a Snake Oil person, but at some point this year I became one, and I like to think Pumpkin Snake Latte was my gateway scent: I love coffee smells, but I was struggling to find a coffee scent from the lab that I loved. PSL appeared in the alley wearing a trenchcoat, beckoning to me.

I don't get PSLs when I get coffeeshop coffee (I prefer a dirty chai for my spiced coffee beverage experience), but in scent form, a patchouli vanilla musk pumpkin spice latte is *chef's kiss.* Some of the other pumpkin spice scents I've tried have skewed too far into the spice for my tastes, or my skin has amped them up disproportionally, so I knew this would be a risk. Blessedly, PSL does not do me that way. The spices nuzzle right in with the coffee and the snake oil and I could probably wear this every day for at least a month without tiring of it. 

I hope we see more pumpkin coffee scents this fall! 

This reads more like tootsie roll Snake Oil on me than pumpkin spice latte when wet and in the bottle for whatever reason. As I wear it, the pumpkin spice comes out more, but I don't really get coffee from it. Compared to other Snake Oil blends I've tried, this one is a lot heavier on the musks and incense notes. It's quite strong, and after an hour or so I end up smelling mostly like cinnamon nag champa with a hint of Snake Oil vanilla. I tend to amp both nag champa and cinnamon, though.

I keep hoping the incense notes will soften with age, but so far they've stayed about the same. I do get more vanilla now, though, which I enjoy.

This is my second favorite BPAL ever. It's got the snake oil and coffee, and it's just blended to perfection. I have an imp I decanted for myself in my purse so I can put it on all the time. It's also the featured scent I keep in my scent locket. I hope it comes back in future Halloweens. I've now had it for over a year and haven't gotten tired of it. That's saying something because I ended up spilling a bottle all over my bureau this summer and my bedroom reeked of it for an entire weekend and I DIDN'T get sick of it, I loved it even more. THIS is the vehicle for snake oil in my opinion.

I've had this for a hot minute and just realized that I hadn't reviewed it. I purchased a bottle of it used, lightly tested. It took me awhile to appreciate it, honestly. It starts off very latte-heavy, which can be a turn off for people who don't like coffee (hi). However, as it dries down, there's some snake oil and a little bit of spice that mellow it all out. There's not a whole lot of pumpkin, imo. For me, I see this less of a autumn scent and more of a winter scent, due to its warmth. It's cozy like your favorite sweater. My favorite part is after it's dried down for a long while, it's this elegant rich snake oil essence that you can't get enough of.