Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Honey, Bordeaux, and Red Roses

Wow, this!!

Out of all the lab's honey scents I've ever tried, this is the most realistic honey. What I mean to say is it smells like honey straight out of the jar. Nothing powdery, nothing that's a perfumey interpretation of honey, honey accord, or honey flavoring. No, this smells like actual honey. It's incredibly sweet and syrupy. This isn't boozy at all and the Bordeaux honestly just adds a sweetness to it. I do get a faint trace of roses, especially on the dry down, but the honey is definitely the main player. If nothing else, I'd say it was very reminiscent of rose infused honey.

I love it. If you love the smell of actual honey and want it in perfume form, this is a winner.

This is so lovely -- a lightly floral, shimmery honey that doesn't go to powder. It evokes the image of sunlight dappling across water -- the Bordeaux (I guess it's a white wine in this one, I had expected perhaps something reminiscent of Kisses for Us All) makes this feel clear, light, and like the honey is suspended in something that keeps it from becoming cloying and sticky, like some honey perfumes can be.

It doesn't have a huuuge amount of staying power on me, with how delicate it is, but it also means i can slather it without regret!

Love this! It reminds me of Kali, without the chocolate. Gorgeous, warm and rich, a perfume to wear to a winter's ball. Normally I'm afraid of rose and I often find honey overpowering. But here they're all balanced perfectly.

Only downside: vanished like a mystery woman in 20 minutes.

This one was a surprise hit for me! I got three of the Honey Pot (this one, Marzipan, and Sweet Orange & Orange Blossom) and this was the one I was most ambivalent about, because I don't do florals that much, but I like honey, and I figured I could give it to my mom if it didn't work on me.

Well...as it turns out...this one's my favorite of the three! (The Marzipan is almost too sweet on me, and Orange Blossom did something funky and weird that turned into cleaning fluid. 😪)

The rose is very subtle on me - the whole thing is just this beautiful glowing golden honey. Kytha mentioned sunlight on water, above, and I'll second that: it's light and clear and warm and gilded, sweet without being cloying, almost weightless. It's gorgeous and radiant and summery.

It doesn't last very long on me - basically, one 45-minute episode of a tv show later, I could barely find it on my arm. That's okay. I'll slather myself in it and be happy. 😀

Floating roses swirling into a white honey pot with a splash of sparkling wine. This honey is hands down PERFECT! Even honey perfume haters would slather this. Sweet without that cloying heaviness some honey fragrances have. It's bright and YUMMY. I am compelled to lick my arm (but I know better :sick:) It's reminding me of sugary chewy cherry candies. I am LOVING this and have nothing else like it.  I was not planning on finding another win. At least i'll get free shipping when I place my bottle order. 

I'm learning that honey has so many facets to it... Here it's light and has some additional sweetness from the wine note. The red roses are subtle. Overall, I wasn't sure that I was going to like it and I'm coming around to it after wearing it all day. It just doesn't last all day. I have to go sniffing for it after a few hours in, but it's still there.

March 2023 update because I had briefly forgot that I have it: This has aged beautifully but I don't know if it's a bottle that I can finish on my own. It's now sweeter than I remember when I first tested it, and now the roses and bordeaux are very intermingled. I feel like bougie bish wearing this, like I need hubby to take me out to a fancy wine bar.

Edited by Thuy

I had not originally intended to get this one, since I was really unsure whether the Bordeaux note would work for me. However, this came into my possession at a Sniff and Swap today, and BOY am I glad to have it. The honey is sweet and fragrant with flowers; the rose amps JUST the right amount on me; and the bordeaux wraps it up in a way that is just plain intoxicating. Definitely a winner!