Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Coffee Bean & Caramel

So excited to have this! I love anything coffee scented! Sniffing in the bottle, I get both notes... slightly bitter coffee and sweet caramel! On my skin, it stays the same. This is a yummy blend of both notes. The coffee bean is more dominant, but the caramel is in the background.  This stays close to my skin... medium throw. I really love this and I hope it gets richer with age, even though it is very good as is now. This is great alone or to use to layer with another scent! :)

Freshly ground Turkish coffee beans in the bottle and on application. The caramel starts to come in as it dries, rounding and smoothing it out. Not much throw once it’s dry. This is basically a very nice Turkish coffee single note. If you liked Café Mille et Une Nuits from the OLLA line, you'll love this.

In the decant, it's mostly strong, freshly ground coffee -- I think the Turkish coffee description is apt. Unfortunately, coffee bean notes can go a little weirdly sharp and powdery on me, and this one does that. The caramel does amp up and smooth out some of that sharpness -- it's not an intensely sweet caramel, but it's noticeable and does tone down the sharpness I'm getting from the coffee beans. Given the way the coffee note in this goes on me, probably going to stick with just my decant.

Chewy caramel and ground coffee. The coffee is slightly perfumey, so I think the Turkish coffee description is also accurate. Medium throw and wear length.

YE GODS. This is so much more than your average caramel macchiato. The caramel is delicious and chewy, less of a milk caramel and more caramelized sugar, and the coffee balances it out with just the right amount of depth and bitterness to keep it from going into cloying territory, but the scent as a whole is not bitter at all. There is something musky about it on the drydown; I think it's my skin, but I'm here for it. If only someone could make an actual drink that tastes like this smells, I'd die happy. 

I was worried this would be super sweet like a drink with whipped topping, but it is indeed more of a caramelized sugar and coffee scent, as mentioned above. 

When freshly applied, the dark chewy caramel has a bigger throw than the coffee, but as it dries both scents are apparent.

After an hour or two, there's almost something slightly burnt about it, but I love a bit of burnination, especially where sugar is concerned. 

Black coffee with a very treacle leaning caramel. Less sweet than you'd imagine, and definitely a mood! Be great for layering with an overly sweet gourmand.

I agree with reviewer Soupy Twist who said this is like a Turkish ground coffee and very similar to Caffe Mille et une Nuits, which I love and am almost out of. So that works out nicely for me. The coffee, rich and bitter, with the addition of the burnt sugar, buttery swirl of caramel, works so nicely.