Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Kitrazzle

ISO suggestions for a LARP Character

Hi folks! 

I'm trying to get everything ready for a World of Darkness: Vampire LARP in September and could use some help finding a good scent to help me get into and stay in character. I'm looking for something that suggests an Approachable Sexy Bad-Ass, someone who's probably DTF but will without a moment's hesitation break a dude's finger if they don't accept her No. 

The game is set in the late 90s. My character is a Biker, specifically a Mechanic, who works in her family's auto shop and as a roadie to a local punk rock band (who unbeknownst to her are vampires). Her real name is Rose, but she goes by Gears. She's a bit brash and hotheaded, but more intelligent than she seems and good at soothing tempers. More of a Lover than a Fighter, but still perfectly willing to break the knees of anyone who tries to prey on anyone she deems to be under her protection.

Leather sounds like a good starting point, but I'm not sure if I should go more floral or sweet. What do y'all think?

First ones that come to mind for me are Assassin and Streets of Detroit.
Then, I thought Cannibal Lady Macbeth might be an awesome one, while it’s in stock.

Le Lethe is probably a good on, too. Musky sexy time. 

I second Whip (black leather and damp red rose) and Streets of Detroit (Black musk accord, Ethiopian myrrh, and motor oil). There's also Rogue (Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin) and Liz (A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather), although that one is pretty smoky to me rather than sweet. Of those, Whip and Rogue are impable (and both are lovely!).

From the new Liliths, there's also Baby's First Chainsaw (Chainsaw grease and chocolate chip cookies), although I'm not sure if that's the vibe you're going for. :) I really like the Lab's motor oil/chainsaw grease type notes.

Wanda - (similar to whip, but a little more complex, with WINE)  Along with Loviatar, she has become something of a 21st century Patron Goddess of all Dominatrixes. While Loviatar is the Goddess of Pain, Wanda govens Control. She is the breathtakingly beautiful sable-wrapped marble queen of Sacher-Masoch’s fantasies. Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

The Obsidian Widow - (same vein as Wanda, so to speak :vamp:, but more floral.) Pinot noir, dark myrrh, red sandalwood, black patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, and attar of rose

Bright Red Dildo - (if you like sweeter, less floral scents.  LE Luper, but probably not hard to find.) Red leather and honey.

Non-Compliant - (I personally love this one, but it does have an odd, vomit note that comes out strong on some folks.  You've been warned.  😜Sugar and bile, leather and blood, honey and rum, shredded patchouli and vetiver, tobacco and lime.

The Old Robber Woman - (LE Yule.  Might be a tad hard to find, but great if you want to play up the mechanic aspect vs. the sex.  Leans a little masculine.  Gnome is good for this too, but is more friendly and leaning cute.) Dust, rags, leather, and shining steel.

Fragrances that lean simple, and you might consider as a base to build on top of - 

Iago - very hard, black leather

London - a good tea rose

Hunter - clove and worn leather (It makes me think of clove cigarettes and a leather jacket.  I use this one when I write for one of my characters.  I mix it with Galvanic Goggles.  ;) )

Fighter and Rogue -  (RPG scents are created to be simple and mixable with other RPG scents, so you can find fun flavor combos.  :D  I personally enjoy adding Evil to just about everything.)

Oh, how cool! These came to mind immediately:

The Bow and Crown of Conquest is warm, sexy, leathery androgynous goodness. 

Nosferatu is a really dark, sexy, earthy wine scent if you want to lean into the vampiness! 

Bloodlust is a slightly fruity dragon's blood blend that's pretty, but tough.

The Isles of Demons smells like tropical flowers and brimstone.

Sara Pezzini is bright new leather and skin musk, a little subtler than the rest!

Edited by rhonorv

Yeah Whip. Maybe Spellbound, Dark Lace, Flesh of My Flesh. Ohh yes Liz is a great choice @feyofthefellwood  ! I get badass moto chick with that, too but with a soft side. I've heard good things about Diana, Gingerbread and Leather, and Gingerbread, Patchouli, Leather, and Dark Musk. You know yes @VetchVesper, London is actually pretty dark, sexy, and badass on it's own and would layer well with leather. @artisjok I didn't think of Le Lethe but come to think of it it's perfect! Maybe Lust, too. ;)

Loving this thread. <3

Sign in to follow this