Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Doomscroll Blocker

A soothing, uplifting oil constructed under the auspices of Helios in order to help counteract the toxic affects of nonstop doomscrolling.

This oil contains sweet orange, French lavender, bergamot, lemon, neroli, and holy basil.

So, I ordered this even though I dislike orange scents, because it's worth trying a thing like that sometimes, and if there is anyone in need of a doomscroll blocker IT IS ME. And sniffing it in the bottle, the orange is there and not my fave, as one would expect - but there's so much more going on here! It's so clean smelling, herbaceous, and very grounding and soothing. I can totally picture this being something I could smell while in a doom scroll daze and getting snapped out of it, you know? It's not harsh, though - more of a gently shaking you back to your body from a bad brain space. And on my skin, the orange drops back and deepens into the background, and the herbal scents dominate. It's very nice. 

Got mine Saturday and was anxious to try it out, and in the bottle it felt like it smacked me in the face. 36 hours of settle time and it's amazing. I can't stop smelling myself. (And have successfully avoided doomscrolling!) 

I found myself doomscrolling this morning and grabbed my bottle just in time. Each time I use this oil it smells different! Today, it smells like a lightly sugared very potent neroli backed by a tiny bit of bergamot. If nothing else, I know I'm wearing this oil and it is supposed to help after the doomscrolling so I will do my best to relax. I love this scent.

Edited by HerbGirl

I am reviewing this for the scent rather than its purpose, as I have been successfully avoiding doomscrolling after election week. I told myself that it wouldn't do me any good to constantly worry about things out of my control, so I stopped listening to political podcasts and have barely been on Twitter.

Doomscroll Blocker is all about that citrus. The neroli is one of the main players, but it isn't as sharp or bitter as it normally is thanks to the sweet orange melding with it and helping to smooth it over. I get some lemon and bergamot in the background, and a touch of lavender and basil that are more noticeable after it has been on the skin for a few hours, giving the scent a clean feel.

Scent-wise, it's not something I'd wear, but I could see this bright scent shaking someone out of their doomscrolling and making them feel more positive.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I figured today was as good a day as any to test this out, what with the domestic terrorists storming DC. This is absolutely a positive, uplifting scent. In the bottle, it starts out as a big wave of citrus, but more pithy, like the peel instead of the fruit. When I put it on, that slight bitterness disappears, and I get a smattering of gentle herbs, citrus, and lavender. As this sits on my skin, the citrus continues to sweeten a bit and fade slightly, leaving me with a very gentle herbal scent, rounded out with soft citrus. For me, this worked as intended. I certainly felt compelled to stop doomscrolling twitter, though whether that's because I really just wanted to continue sniffing my wrist is undetermined 🤣

This is the first thing I have tried from Twilight Alchemy Lab, and what can I say expect this was a much needed oil in my life. As for the scent, this is a calming lemon lavender grassy blend. Beautiful and smells like summer to me, just needed to put on a little extra to make the scent get stronger. 

For its intended purpose, I actually didn't use this to help with doom scrolling. I used it to help stop myself from contacting someone online who had hurt me. And for that it definitely worked. I did not reach out to that person, and honestly actually forgot about wanting to contact them until the next day. Not only does it smell lovely, but is a literal lifesaver. Will have to try this with actual doom scrolling next time!