Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Night-blooming Jasmine, Wild Honeysuckle & Wisteria

Lately, I've just decided to go for broke trying some new florals, and this one makes me so glad that I did. Fortunately, the lab's jasmine has always played nice on my skin. I wasn't worried about it pulling the cat pee note some jasmines do on me. I'm from the deep South in the US, and I know the scent of all three of these flowers very well. It is very true to them all, and no one note really rises to prominence over the others on my skin. The throw isn't nearly as loud as you'd expect. It's a fairly close and subtle skin scent. I smell like gardens I've visited countless times. It's a sultry southern night but there is also a degree of sophistication to it that keeps it from going into grandma's soap territory. I'm in love.

In the decant, wisteria stands out the most, followed by the honeysuckle, with the jasmine barely detectable. They're all blended really well, though, which might be why I'm not immediately picking up the jasmine. This doesn't morph significantly -- my main impression is somber, purple florals. Not loud, and definitely not soapy. I love it for being a subtle, non-soapy floral, but my skin eats it up fast.