Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Why I Love Thee? Hair Gloss

This is beautiful. I get lots of oudh and heady purple florals, tempered by a lavender-scented breeze and a gust of fresh salt air. The oudh is on the indolic side of the spectrum, but the lavender and salt breeze keeps it in check.

At first the oudh is almost overwhelming, but it calms down quickly--within a half hour it softened and melded with the other notes.  The overall effect imho is a sophisticated floral.

ETA This fragrance has captivated me.  I keep picking the decant back up.  A surprising new favorite added to my cart.  

Edited by tsentsitivenose
update

The white musk and the oud here interact in a way that I'm really not sure I'm a fan of ... I guess this is the dreaded 'baby diaper' effect I've heard here and there on the forums. The lavender and salt work really well together when I can catch them, but the oudh and the white musk just sort of keep wandering in and out offensively like a cat going in and out of a room, not letting this ever meld together or settle down. I might have to stick to using this as an atmo or a linen spray.

Lavender, oudh, and a whiff of white musk. So musky oudh and lavender. Sadly, too much oudh for my nose.

Fresh out of the bottle this began as a blast of very indolic oud 😖, but quickly softened into a crisp lavender breeze reminiscent of clean fabric. What a transformation! It's really beautiful once the oud calms down.

Gosh the oud really is uh, something here. Yikes. It thankfully calms the hell down after a while, and becomes a softer laundry-ish scent, but this is one HG I'm gonna have to remember to apply early (not just before I leave home) so it's not in diaper mode when I'm getting in someone's car. :D

(Okay, no, if I sniff my hair it's still very indolic under the laundry, so I think I will pass this on to someone else.)

Edited by storme