Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cacao and Patchouli Root Hair Gloss

This is just eye rolling gloriousness and my greatest Luper wish come true this year as I was craving a pure chocolate patchouli. In the bottle it seems nearly edible, like a decadent dark chocolate ganache. As it dries down it smells more like cocoa powder, losing some sweetness, and the patchouli really hums, deep and rooty. A tempting, witchy confection! 

Patchouli and chocolate are a match made in heaven and one of my all time favorite combos.  Patchouli notes often have a chocolatey sweetness to them and chocolate itself tends to have an earthy quality to it, so I always find that they blend together very seamlessly.  The earthy, patchouli part in this reminds me of scaling up creekbeds in Missouri, hanging on to tree roots and smelling clay-rich soil.  Earthy and rooty, but also warm and super snuggly thanks to the creamy sweetness of the chocolate and dusting of cocoa powder.  The chocolate and patchouli are evenly matched.  Of all of the lovely Luper hair glosses, this is the one that I will likely hoard multiple backups of.

I'm shocked this doesn't have more reviews! I ranted about this on the Facebook groups because it is glorious! My original description was a milk chocolate bar sensuously dipped into a vat of warm patchouli oil and that's what I am sticking too. It definitely clings to your hair foreeeevvveer and that is a quality I want in a hair gloss. 

Yes!! Love this! The patch here reminds me a bit of the patchouli in Silkybat. Perfect combo of chocolate and patch. Really delicious! 😍

Holy Dirty Patchouli Batman!

I agree with the above posters: this reminds me of the patchouli in Revenant Rhythm and Silky Bat. If that dirty, bold, goth patchouli is your vibe, you're going to love this one.

The Cacoa is like a dark chocolate flaked into the patchouli. This is so bold. (personally for me, I'm not a fan of the dirty patchouli scents and this blend is giving me a bit of a headache)

The first thought I had was rolling around in a dusty, dirty and dry leaf pile. If you want the smell of dead dry leaves but BPAL's Dead Leaves is too aquatic or "dryer sheet" for you I would suggest this blend.

Perfect for the goth folks out there and some of the Tree Hugger-sort of hippies 💀💓🦇  🧘‍♀️(why isn't there an Earth lover emoji?!)

Dirty sexy patchouli with a hint of chocolate to temper all that glorious patch. This one is down and dirty patch.

Woah. 

I got this in a mini decant, so usually I give about 2-3 spritzes to equal a normal bottle spray. I misread my label, and used this as a room spray instead of a hair gloss. This stuff is STRONG. Like in a -oh god i might have just hotboxed the house- level. It's glorious, and oddly nostalgic. When I was a kid my brother had this stuffed moose that smelled of chocolate, and this is giving me a little bit of that, almost a weird warmed velvety vibe to an exceptionally dry chocolate, boarding on straight coco. This is a chewy patch, one I'd reserve for special occasions among special groups, or an evening out- the same category I'd put my bottle of Revenant Rhythm perfume. The patch only intensifies as it settles, and I have a feeling It would be even heavier in my hair. It's def something not meant for the casual wearer, and not something I'd classify as a daytime scent. It's teetering on the edge of being too strong for me, and I'd have to try it in a lighter dose, but something's telling me the teensy spray might be more than enough for my personal use, as RR already more than covers my heavy patch needs. 

If you love Patchouli, this is not to be missed, you will love this, hoard it, what have you. As for me, I'm more of a rounded patchouli sort of person, and that initial glorious phase of the dry cacao is quickly overtaken by the patch for me. I'll be keeping my decant for those occasional ren fair or night out when I need something to pack a punch for hours, but I think a bottle of this would quite literally last a lifetime for me.

Update: It's like 2 am and I cracked a window, since a person I'm living with detests strong patchouli and something started SCREAMING outside. I don't know if it was a squirrel or a particularly nocturnal bird but that's your review from the animal kingdom!