Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Jonquil & Poet's Narcissus

Pale narcissus, and another floral note. I don't think I've ever actually smelled jonquil, so I have no idea what it is I am smelling. It smells white. Delicate, white, florals. Good throw and wear length.

I've been in a floral state of mind of late, and in this state of mind, ordered these white flowers even though they often seem the scent equivalent of shrill on my flesh.

This is a very light scent, with almost no throw, but a ton of longevity (it lasted all day and most of the night).

While this didn't give me a headache, it did not evoke joy. It's a bit grassy and mournful for my tastes--it would be a perfect funeral scent, but I don't want to wear any funeral scents.

Sales bin it is.

Edited by tarotgirl99

I love daffodils, all varieties, and I love the way they all smell so I was compelled to get this. 

First on, it is a big loud floral.  It's a little poopy in the way oud can be (is that indolic?), with some undercurrents of citrus.  It's a little difficult to manage at this point the sillage is crazy.  I'm overwhelmed by the smell of it in the crook of my elbow.  I'm thinking this might be the poet's narcissus because it's similar to other narcissus notes I've smelled, e.g., hunger. 

As it dries down, it quiets, the poopiness goes away, and it turns into a beautiful yellow daffodil scent.  Just sweet and bright like the hope of spring.  The throw isn't as overwhelming and it lasts a good time. 

I'm hoping with aging it'll calm down and I won't have to go through the poopy phase to get to the pretty phase. 

ETA: Wearing it now several weeks later, it has totally calmed down.  It is now a beautiful sunny daffodil scent with a little green.  It's just gorgeous and springy.  It has strong sillage but doesn't last long (just like the ephemerals it represents!). 

Edited by biggnerd

In the decant and right after applying: bright, white florals with a bit of green freshness to them. Not overly loud or screechy, white florals, but definitely white florals. As it settles, the florals get more subtle, and that green note is still there -- it reads almost like oakmoss to me. It's not unlike Tennis Match from the Lupers a couple years ago. Overall impression is a fresh, springlike greenish floral.

This is pure spring. It made me feel very fresh and hopeful. I can't say that perfumes often evoke true feelings or emotions for me, but this one did. Every time I wear it, it makes me happy. It is really true to the floral scents, too. On me it has medium throw and lasts for several hours without any morphing. What I smell in the bottle is what I get on my skin.

I am not someone that normally wears straight-up floral scents, but I was curious to see how this one would go due the daffodil and the layering possibilities.

This is a pleasant spring white floral scent. It's softer and not heady like the narcissus in Pride. It ends up teetering on the edge of soap territory after a while, and then dips its toes into 'perfume-y' territory before settling back down into a gentle white floral scent.

I layered this with 13 March 2020, because I am a fan of sugary florals, and I enjoyed the combination, but sadly, it didn't wow me like the combo of that 13 with something like Wild Dandelion SN.

I'm letting go of this bottle because I know I won't reach for it over other floral layering notes, but I am glad I got to try it. :)