Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Men Will Fall to Her Darkness

And those who call the shadows home will rise again. 

A haze of blood musk, myrrh, blackened lavender buds, labdanum, and opoponax.

This one is a dark powdery resin. I get mainly myrrh, labdanum, and a whiff of blood musk. It's dark, resinous, and slighly powdery on me. Good throw and wear length.

Oh my, this is lovely! I knew that the notes in this were all winners, but the sum total is perfect on my skin. This is a beautiful blend of musk and resins, and the lavender is just slightly there, sweetening it all. On my bottle list!

initially a bright pretty tart, plastic, floral. Very "powdered candy". Quickly SOURS, like rotten food that's been "blackened" and adds blood but still retains a "powdery" aspect

then it turns to poopy diapers??? uh...

Edited by Roogna

Dark powdery and scorched, Men Will Fall just doesn’t resonate with me for the most part of its life span (a long one). After a good amount of time, the scorched smell gives way to resinous sweetness. I like this stage better, though I don’t think it’s a scent for me overall.
Loved the scent list in theory! Wish the lavender was stronger and not blackened, and less powdery. 

Glad to finally try it! 

In the decant: Blood musk backed by resins (some of which are cola-like) and lavender.

On me: The blood musk reigns, followed by the lavender. Then I become engulfed in the blood musk, because the blood musk is red musk, and that's just what my skin chemistry likes to do with this note. It stays this way for a really long time -- and is all red musk in the throw -- backed by the cola-like resins and deep myrrh. The lavender, although initially strong, couldn't compete with the blood musk and was quick to flee.

Verdict: The blood musk is just too much for me. If you're looking for lavender, you'll likely be disappointed, but if you're looking for blood musk and resins, this will probably be up your alley.

Dryer sheets. The lavender is so strong in here it's giving me dryer sheets instead of what I thought it would be. Powdery and soapy, and I'm getting no blood musk or other notes. Honestly not a bad dryer sheets type of scent, but I've got enough of those type of scents and I definitely don't need anymore.