Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
SophieCedar

Blood Twinkle

Mildly maniacal: dragon’s blood resin sparkling with shiny pink grapefruit, purple lilac, honeysuckle, white musk, and bergamot.

Hmm. What I mostly smell is white musk and honeysuckle.  Don't expect a dragons blood heavy scent here..its more like Incubus, Materialization, Ectoplasm kinda cascade.  Its a strange viscous floral with (even stranger yet) pink grapefruit/white musk bind together, keeping all notes from touching ground. All other elements are presented in a muted horizontal row, just like my experiences with Blood for Cat and Rapture Pig.

Neither offensive or overly bold. I have no complaints..just not what I expected.  Fans of florientals will be happy and their brains pleasantly warped.

Wet: Wow, this smells fresh! Musky lilacs, and a hint of sweetness coming from the pink grapefruit.

Dry: Well. Crap. Certain florals can go a bit.. powdery on me (lookin' at you, honeysuckle; lilac isn't a usual offender, but it might be here), and it seems like my skin totally ate the pink grapefruit.

Now, this is just kind of a musky, powdery, nondescript floral scent. :( 

Light sparkling honeysuckle, grapefuit, and lilac over a bed of dragon blood's resin. This is lighter and more floral than I expected, and actually, would probably very at home in the Ars Draconis line. It's mainly a honeysuckle blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Ahhhhh this is gorgeous. I get a little leery of white musk-white florals, although i love them in moderation in practice they often veer towards shampoo on me. This is strong honeysuckle in the bottle, that sparkly effervescence, but not too soapy. It comes out much stronger on the skin, with the dragon's blood a distinct layer underneath giving it some warmth. It's overall very perfumey in a sugary femme way. It's p equal parts fruity to floral to my nose, the honeysuckle is present without taking over but nothing else really pops. More sweet floral at first with the fruitiness coming out into the drydown and lingering. Great throw, lasted about 6+ hours on me

In the bottle, this smells very strongly of dragon's blood, musk, and florals. On my wrist the grapefruit comes out for a brief second, then all but vanishes. I think it's still there, in the background, giving a slight tartness to the scent, but this is all dragon's blood and flowers on me. I can pick out the honeysuckle a bit before the lilac joins in. The dragon's blood softens a bit, and at this point I thought, "wow, what a nice springy floral." And then... "oh, no." This is terribly strong. Like, headache-inducing strong. I'm not sure which floral I'm amping, the lilac or the honeysuckle, but it is overwhelming. I had to wash it off. I wish it had stayed at the pretty-spring-floral middle stage 😰

This one is a little odd, much like the name. The dragon's blood resin in here resembles a woody, peppery smoky beef or something? I've had BPAL's dragon's blood note before so I don't know why this one just smells so funky. Eventually the beefy part leaves, still have a smoky quality though, and I can get the faint grapefruit and floral mix. Mostly the lilac, I can't pick out the honeysuckle. It gets better, that wet stage is just really strange and I might need to retest it.

Since this is from 2019, my guess is that the florals have faded quite a bit from my decant and that's why I'm getting a lot of this resin. Not really for me, but I'm hoping it'll perform better in the colder months or something.