Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
SophieCedar

Blood for Cat

Bad kitty: golden amber, black cherry, tonka bean, sweet red musk, dried mango pulp, rooibos tea, red currant, and bitter almond.

Mellow floaty glowy red and amber scent? I guess my reviews are just as insane as the line concept, here. Sorry not sorry.

Quieter than expected but all notes are present and standing in a horizontal row. Nothing screaming over another. I was expecting loud like Gothabilly but its medium throw and well blended. Would make an excellent hair gloss.

Another singularity that needs shaking before application.  I think its the dried mango pulp floating around in the bottle like ectoplasm? Forewarned, are you!

In bottle: tutti frutti, a very sweet cherry cough syrup.

On skin: Warm and soft amber. The fruitiness separates into individual notes. It's sweet, but mild. 

4 hours later: still mostly the same, a little bit smoky now, gentle and agreeable throughout with a hint of playfulness.

8 hours later: the fruits are just about gone. Mild red musk (I originally described this as 'creme brulee' in my initial review, before I knew what BPAL red musk smelled like.)

Lovely blend, true to the scent description!

Edited by Janis

In the bottle: fresh cherry and almond. Cloudy in appearance so I gave it a little shake.

Wet on skin: cherry, almond, mango, a little tonka. juicy and smooth! It reminds me just a touch of red starburst.

Dried down: the fruitiness dissipates almost entirely to let the amber edge it's way in and take over with the tonka and rooibos tea. I don't smell any red musk. I would say this is playful without being childish, a gentle scent. I agree with Janis in describing it as "agreeable". This one is safe for all occasions.  I will wear it a lot this summer.

The bottle art is amazing! Absolutely love it.

Wet: Kind of a warm, sweet, fruity scent. Amber, cherry, red currants, and a liiitle bit of red musk. Bitter almond(unlike normal almond, which I love) makes me a bit nervous and can go wonky on my skin, so we'll see what happens.

Dry: Aaaaand there it is. Hello, bitter almond. I seem to have noticed that you have TAKEN OVER THE ENTIRE FREAKING BLEND. 

Seriously. Bitter almond is the star, with a touch of sweetness left over from the cherry and red currants. It's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for.

I'm really, really glad I grabbed a decant and not a bottle straight off. Doh.

I mainly wanted to try this because it was a cat scent. I thought for sure the red musk would amp and this would be intensely fruity red musk on me. I was wrong.

The almond, cherry, and dried mango pulp are the notes that stand out to me at first, but the tonka and amber join in later and end up becoming main players along with the cherry and dried mango (it definitely smells dried), adding a creamy warmth to the scent. The red musk isn't a bully at all, and I do get what tmichele means by saying it has a bit of a red Starburst vibe to it.

I'm going to keep my decant and try pairing this with Pa-Pow HG! :)

ETA: The rooibos becomes noticeable after a few hours!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Mango, black cherry, amber, and a whiff of red musk. I can see this one being super popular. It's a fruity amber with enough musk to keep it warm and enticing. Medium throw and wear length.

Lots of intriguing notes, but the only ones that stand out for me are the cherry, mango and red currant.  The cherry is syrupy, the dried mango really does smell tart, dry, and tropical, and the red currant adds a sour edge.  I was hoping for more amber and red musk, but this is all fruity on my skin.