Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Atrous

Caressing the Gilded Lily

Ginger lily, bergamot, white tea, lily of the valley, osmanthus, and melon blossom.

At first this was a lovely, fresh lily scent with a dab of tea.  

Once it dried down it turned to soap.  A nice floral soap but still...soap.

Disappointing since I really loved the beginning stage.

Lilies and white tea. I am getting the lily of the valley, white tea, and hints of another lily and bergamot. If you love lilies, this is a wonderful one to try. Great throw and wear length.

Something about this wet reminded me a lot of 51, and airy juicy green floral vaguely melony. Perhaps the melon blossom note is related to the honeydew note? As it dries it becomes very much about the lily and tea, very fresh. There is some brightness from the bergamot and the green fruity-floral that I think is the melon blossom wafts about.

Glad to own a second lily of the valley perfume in my life. First one was a vintage Avon bottle. This smells so exotic, like a spring floral with a crisp melon blossom, & tea. Those stand out most to me.

White tea in the bottle and on application. This morphs into a stemmy note — maybe the osmanthus? — and then the bergamot comes in, harsh and astringent. After about 10 minutes it calms down into a thick lily, but that only lasts briefly before the bergamot returns.

I like the 51 reference...this is like Female 51. White clean lily and melon flower with a touch of ginger. I'm using this as my new Dirty.

ETA: different weather today and it smells like really sweet linden?  This is fantastic-er than my last test. Going down the rabbit hole with this one in hand.

Edited by SophieCedar
new thoughts

I get soft white lily and white tea at first, and then some airy melon blossom and a bit of ginger join in. The white tea and ginger disappear after a few hours, leaving behind mostly soft lily and melon blossom and just a hint of bergamot.

I was curious to see how much of a fruity floral scent this would be because I thought it might be up my mom's alley, but it is more floral than fruity, so I don't think this would stand up to her two fruity floral loves (51 and Titania). But if you're looking for a lily scent, or like the idea of lily paired with melon blossom, this is worth a try.