Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

The Fiery Clinch of Ecstasy Hair Gloss

Russet musk, white cream amber, sweet red patchouli, and pink pepper.

Oooh boy, a lot of people are going to love this one.  Red musk and sugary patch lovers rejoice! It’s sweet wood, musk, and cream.  The pepper keeps it peppy.  The sweet patchouli is dominant.  This one’s a beauty.

Wooow, this is what I've always been hoping for in a Lupercalia HG; it's what I wanted all those red musk and honey variations to be. It's (almost) red musk, sweetened by the creamy amber, made dirty by the patchouli-but it's not a patch forward scent-and given a little sharpness by the pepper. It's really really well balanced and I can see myself easily finishing the bottle.

Gorgeous and STRONG! Creamy red musk, equal parts sweet and vibrant. It is eyes-rolling-in-the-back-of-the-head good. As it dries down, the impact doesn't diminish. Wow this packs a punch. I alternate between "I want to smell like this always" and "is this too much?" One or two spritzes can last for days. I can only imagine what aging will do. 

I highly recommend all red musk and/or patchouli fans check this one out. 

Red musk is my favorite note. Because of the red musk and patchouli, I was expecting it to be a little heavier. The patchouli is indeed sweet and the russet musk gives me the impression of red musk lite. The creamy amber is forward and the pink pepper keeps it playful. An absolutely lovely warm-weather red musk scent. I see myself reaching for this often in the coming months. 

I'll be honest, I ordered this just for the artwork! And I saw that it had notes that would work for me. This was surprisingly really enjoyable. It's just light and sweet enough to enjoy any time of the year, and strong enough to stick around for hours. I think the musk and patchouli are really the one notes that standout the most to me. The pepper keeps it from being overly sweet. I think this would make a great perfume, as well.

Alas, russet musk does not play as well with me as red, crimson, or blood musk.  Nor is the patchouli the earthy warm kind I so love.  I was expecting a creamy, sugared patchouli with red musk, but I got a very acrid wood note with a weird layer of sweetness that's not mixing smoothly in the scent.  I'm wondering if "russet musk" includes mahogany or cedar notes b/c that would explain the wood and the funkiness on my chemistry.  Red musk usually sings on me.  

If you want red musk with wood notes though, this might be your jam.  Or if you can't normally wear red musk maybe.  😕

Off to swaps!

Russet musk is red musk-adjacent, but not exactly the same, right? I got a decant, hoping that my red musk-amping chemistry would allow Fiery Clinch to work in my hair.  On me, it was a sweet, musky amber patchouli. Loads of throw, long-lasting.

It was a good risk, & I enjoyed the decant.