Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The largest vein in the human body: a torrent of sweet oudh, patchouli, blackwood, red labdanum, and vegetal musk.

In The Bottle: Vegetal musk, which is slightly acrid, and what I'm assuming is the blackwood, which is sort of a dark musky scent.

Wet On Skin: The labdanum is coming out a bit as the oil warms on my skin, and it's adding a sweetness to the mix that's making the scent more palatable, less sinister and unrelenting. 

Dry Down: The sweet oudh and labdamun come front and center, making this a sweet, rich deep affair. I'm not getting a ton of patchouli, which I'm *slightly* sad about, but the rest makes up for that slight loss. This is definitely one of those scents that's bound to get better with aging, but I've been craving some dark, moody scents lately, and this is a nice one!

Dark vegetable musk, oudh, blackwood and labdanum. This one is a dark red murky sort of blend. It's musky, rich, and deep. Good throw and wear length.

The red musk is a little more sour and acrid than the one I'm used to, or maybe that't the blackwood. Not that it's unpleasant, it's just that it has an almost blood-orange smell to it. Like a blood orange musk with some oudh and patchouli. The patchouli is well blended though.

Grounding, deep, resinous musky sweet patchouli based scent. More like white patchouli but I think its because sweet oudh is the 1st note and everything else is harmonious.   Smells a bit like Prada Amber? Hey, that's not a bad thing at all. One of my favorite commercial perfumes!

Is it the vegetal musk that's so earthy, like roots growing underground? That's what I'm getting...along with a heavy, masculine patchouli, a pop of sweet oud, and dark woods. Reminds me of a cologne my dad wore? Very cologne-like, with sharp/sweet/woodsy notes well balanced. The wearer of this scent can clean up nice but can also chop wood.

Inferior Vena Cava is smooth woods, slightly sweet and a hint of cozy musk. Starts out pretty perfumey, but smooths out quickly. Almost seems like a hint of honey, must be the labdanum. The patchouli I recognize. I don’t have any scent reference for blackwood, unless it’s.... just blackened. 
It’s a luscious blend, and makes me feel held on this chilly day. It’s akin to Haute Macabre’s Aevum.

Why did I think there was leather in here? I was walking around, thinking this was an approachable leather that didn't come across as too strong. Reading the notes, I must have made my coworkers crazy smelling like patchouli, oudh, and musk. Trying this again, I get more incensey and wood. And it's not nearly as strong as I previously experienced. I think my nose is wonky. I will have to test this again because I really liked it a few years ago.

You know the honeyed patchouli note that the Lab does? This is like. Honeyed woods oudh resins patch, squared and then again. It is off the charts. The honeyed effect of everything is too rich, like too many bites of gooey chocolate cake all at once. I am overwhelmed. 'Sweet' doesn't even do this justice. It is saccharinely, INTENSELY woody. Sap is flowing and oozing over everything. I don't think I was prepared from the description to deal with this much honeyed wood. It is so sweet, it starts going funky. That's probably the oudh. No pooudh, amazing, it's just...a Lot of honey. So much.

Torrent is right. I'm not going to even try to isolate each individual note. I would just like to underscore how this is every sweet woods or honeyed resin you have ever smelled, amplified to a hundred. Ice cream by the bowlful at night is good. Ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and every hour in between is overwhelming. I just can't underscore enough how MUCH Inferior Vena Cava is. It's not inferior to anyone. It's Superior Honey Cave. All day long.