Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Squelette et Fantôme

My two favorite spectres, haunting the apartments of Paris: white musk, graceful lavender, blackcurrant, teakwood, and cacao.

Lavender, white musk, and touches of teakwood and cacao. This one end up as a very clean blend on me (thanks white musk), and it smells almost austere. Medium throw and wear length.

A lavender scent, rounded out by white musk. While not sweet, the lavender in this scent is not a sharp, medicinal lavender. I couldn't pick the teakwood out my itself at first, but as the scent wears, the teakwood comes out more and more until it rivals the strength of lavender in this scent. I never got the cacao note though. Overall, a relatively simple lavender scent and unfortunately, pretty forgettable in my opinion.

In the bottle, it's a strange cacophony of cacao, lavender and white musk. :blink:

Once it's warmed on my skin the cacao disappears and the lavender and musk seem to be a little more in alignment.

At dry down, this becomes a predominantly white musk scent with the lavender bringing up the rear. It's clean and light as white musks tend to be. I can see choosing this on very warm spring and summer days and evenings.

Chocolate dominates here on my skin. Alongside it, I get teak, blackcurrant, and lavender. 

I don't pick up white musk, which is cool because it goes so powdery on me.

This is an appealing blend. I love the teak with this cacao. I'm not seeking more chocolate, but I'm glad I tried this.

A shimmering white musk lavender with very faint traces of cacao.  

Reminds me a bit of the 2016 Lilith waiting, except that one was smelling a bit cleaner.

Surprising hit of the Travelogue. Blackcurrant is one of my favorite notes. The white musk is never screeching, and I never got the cacao. It dries down to a soft white musk/blackcurrant with just a little bit of wood for grounding.

Squelette et Fantôme is mainly lavender, white musk, and teakwood on me. I don't get the cacao, and I only get the barest hint of the blackcurrant (which surprises me!). It reminds me of Third Eye Extraction, but without the mugwort and with teakwood instead of dragon's blood. So I really like it, and I'd swap for a bottle, but I don't think I'd swap hard for a bottle since it is a cousin to Third Eye Extraction, which I already have two bottles of in my collection.

I skipped this when it was available because of the massive amount of wants from the Winter Travelogue collection, and I thought the blackcurrant would be too loud like in Lurid, or that the teakwood would be too sharp. Neither are problematic here. 

I won't actively hunt this one down because of it being a relative to Third Eye Extraction, but I will cherish my decant. :heart: