Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mandragora369

Scheiterhaufen Vom Boskop Apfel

Okay, this isn’t a photo of Lilith, but it IS a photo of a dessert I had on the first night in Salzburg. It was delicious and amazing and perfect, and it gets its own scent.

Baked apples in cinnamon cream, with a blueberry and raspberry garnish.

Scheiterhaufen Vom Boskop Apfel is a sweet and fruity scent, I do get the blueberry at first, with a tiny bit cinnamon and cream. But that fades and what's left is slightly cinnamon sweet cream. Until now I don't really get apple...

But it's an interesting scent

Apple strudel and custard! Yup, if you love some apple strudel, get this. It's got a nice creamy edge to it. Medium throw and wear length.

Source: TPP Decant circle

Imp: sweety yummy foody, misc fruity not super identifiable.

Skin: crispy well baked cinnamon with a mixed fruit edge.

Drydown: Unfortunately this has the BPAL's "foody" note (i lack a better way to describe it) that goes south on me. It's usually a "caramelized" or "baked" note that goes into a strange weird place I don't like on my skin. I tend to avoid those note descriptions because of it. I had actually missed it was described as baked apples. I assumed it would be more in the Take a Knee realm of apple. Unfortunately for me it could have read caramelized bake. Funky thing overtook :(

Verdict: Caramelized baked brown sugar with some faintly creamy fruit added in. Yummy on the right skin chemistry, I'm sure.

This is primarily a baked apple dessert (there is a pastry note involved, kind of like the one in The Knave of Hearts) basking in cinnamon cream with touches of blueberry and raspberry. It starts off really strong on the baked apples, backed by the cinnamon cream (the cinnamon in this is light), with the fruits in the background, but I do get a little more of the blueberry and raspberry with wear. It really smells like baked apples wrapped in a crust, surrounded by cinnamon-strewn cream, and topped with streusel, with some berries on the side. After several hours of wear, however, the buttery pastry note reigns, backed by a little raspberry.

While it smells delicious, and I'd definitely love to eat something like this, I'm not sure I'd want to smell like it... which works for me, as I have enough apple scents in my collection already. :P 

I really, REALLY wanted to love this scent 😭😭😭 I specifically saved it for last for testing out of the decants I bought from a seller here on the forum. But, this goes completely chemical-y on my skin. In the decant, this is everything I wanted it to be. It was cinnamon and cream and beautiful tart fruit notes. As soon as it touched my skin, it went sharp and chemical-y. I have no idea what could be doing it, but I smell very strongly of cinnamon and chemicals. I'm so sad that my skin ruined this one for me.

This is a light lovely cinnamon apple cream on me. So pretty. Love the foodie label too. Pics of food are my fav. Wish it was stronger but still good. Medium throw and staying power. 💗