Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Frostbitten Snooty Rose

[No additional description provided.]

Snow, plum, and a whiff of pink roses. This one is a sweet snowy note with plum and pink roses peaking through. It is much much prettier than I expected. Gorgeous. Medium throw and wear length.

At the beginning, I get a more silvery (in my mind) smelling rose with a bit of plum, slightly fruity and almost velvety with the 'frost' note. As it wears on, the plum fades away and I'm left with the Lab's snow/rose combo, reminds me of other scents like Snow White, The Bear Prince, and Fresh and Blooming Like a Rose.

So definitely the Snow White snow note in this one. Crisp, a bit floral.

The rose is probably the next strongest note here. It does suit that snow note, which isn't surprising... The snow note does make this rose just a bit soapy though.

I actually get a decent amount of the bergamot, kind of spicing that rose up just a little bit.

I do get just a bit of that fruity plum. Not very strong, and not the most realistic plum note, but it's suitable here. It does cut the sweet floral scents of this blend just a touch.

The oud is pretty mild. It's musky, a tiny bit woodsy, but very close wearing. Mostly a nice fixative.

The sandalwood lends just the tiniest hint of something woodsy at the base.

Overall this is a nice blend at first. It does become a little too much like straightforward Snow White as it sits on my skin though, which made me reconsider getting a bottle.

This was a pleasant surprise. I was originally interested in a decant, but then I reminded myself that I am generally not fond of plum notes, so I probably wouldn't like this.

Actually, I do like it, and I prefer it to the GC version.

Frostbitten Snooty Rose is mostly about the snow and the plum. It has the sweet Snow White snow, but perhaps even cooler, and it combines with the plum note in such a way as to make me think of chilled plum skin. While most plum notes tend to smell candy-sweet to me, the snow note mingles with this one and makes it more realistic to my nose. There's a little rose, but it is mostly about the snow and plum on me, with the resins peeking out after a few hours of wear.

It's not something I need a bottle of, but it is really pretty. I'm glad I decided to try it! :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

I agree with doomsday: this is so much superior to the original Snooty Rose! And so far, this is the only Frostbitten scent that I prefer to an original.

This is so nice, very plum heavy with a gorgeous frost note, a little similar to my bottle of Snow White. No oud and no rose either. If I sniffed my decant without looking at the label, I don't think I would have pegged this to be Snooty Rose since it's so different. At least with the others I have tried, you could pretty much easily tell that the only difference was the frostbitten note.

Regular Snooty Rose on me was just rose basically, the imp could have been super aged and that might be why I didn't detect any plum. 

Definitely seek this out if you love frosty plum scents. And if you were disappointed by GC Snooty, this might be more up your alley if you like plums!

I didn't try this until today, so it's aged and in a decant, but it smells very faint and has almost no throw.  I get sweet plum candy, a hint of rose, and something slightly soapy, but it's so very light.